IGNORED

Please help with connecting SIO2SD v1.3 to real floppy drives

Fingolfin

Does the Indus possibly not pass through the +5V signal?

Well.. I just tested an Sdrive max daisy chained through one of my Indus GT's, powered up and worked fine...

Thank you for the confirmation. So I was sold a bad SIO2SD then. It will only work plugged directly in to an Atari.

-Rob

Thank you for the confirmation. So I was sold a bad SIO2SD then. It will only work plugged directly in to an Atari.

-Rob

I used to use my Lotharek-built SIO2SD 1.3 with my 1050 drive. I was able to copy disks using a sector copier from the SIO2SD to an actual floppy disk in the 1050. Its how I would copy homebrew programs for our Atari user group. The person who runs our group (SCAT in suburban Chicago) doesnt have any SIO2X devices where I could give him an ATR. Giving him a floppy was the only way I could get the process to work for him.

Bob C

-Rob

I got it figured out! I took apart the connector, and one of the pins was pushed all the way back, so I gently pushed it back into the connector and I heard it "click" securely into place and now it works in the drive chain! I am using my home-grown custom sector copier program and so far it seems to be working, I was able to boot from it and sector copy a disk from D1 (sio2sd) to a physical disk in D2. Thank you all!

• Like 2

I got it figured out! I took apart the connector, and one of the pins was pushed all the way back, so I gently pushed it back into the connector and I heard it "click" securely into place and now it works in the drive chain! I am using my home-grown custom sector copier program and so far it seems to be working, I was able to boot from it and sector copy a disk from D1 (sio2sd) to a physical disk in D2. Thank you all!

I've complained about this sort of thing forever, good job running it down. :)