IGNORED

New Amiga 500 case crowdfunding campaign started

sm3

I would love a black or clear one to match my 1200 and 64 cases. But all of my 500 cases have stood against the harshness of time so an original is not on my scope, for sure. I would love to put a Vampired 500 in a clear... ooooo, maybe I need two clear ones, the other for my Derringer!!

I just REALLY REALLY hope they make the punch-outs easier to punch-out than on the 1200 cases. I still have USB ports I cannot use because I cannot find a workable solution to knock them open -- the side is too narrow for even a small Dremel rig.

• Like 1

I would love a black or clear one to match my 1200 and 64 cases. But all of my 500 cases have stood against the harshness of time so an original is not on my scope, for sure. I would love to put a Vampired 500 in a clear... ooooo, maybe I need two clear ones, the other for my Derringer!!

I just REALLY REALLY hope they make the punch-outs easier to punch-out than on the 1200 cases. I still have USB ports I cannot use because I cannot find a workable solution to knock them open -- the side is too narrow for even a small Dremel rig.

Always can use one for the upcoming A1200 Reloaded board, but I haven't heard a peep on that one in a while. The wiki says the first target for a case will be the A500. I guess we will see!

Ha I order exactly the colors you wanted (which are the colors I wanted also) regular Translucent and the Vampire Early Bird. Now I just have to wait a year.

Indie Goo-Goo, is that like a Kickstarter? Yeah, no. Done with that shit. If it shows up in a reputable Amiga dealers store, great. Until then thanks, but no thanks.

I totally understand your concern, but these guys are not new to this they did it for the Amiga 1200 already and it was top notch check A1200.net

Indie Goo-Goo, is that like a Kickstarter? Yeah, no. Done with that shit. If it shows up in a reputable Amiga dealers store, great. Until then thanks, but no thanks.

I updated the subject to say "crowdfunding campaign" for people that may have not heard of Indiegogo. I can't say crowdfunding is my preferred avenue to use, but this guy came through with the Amiga 1200 cases. You just have to have a little patience, because it will be over a year ;)

I hear ya. It has taken a while to get some of the crowd-funded items I paid for but it was worth it. Fortunately I have not put into a campaign which did not complete. Although... I am still waiting for my colored C64 key caps.

I hear ya. It has taken a while to get some of the crowd-funded items I paid for but it was worth it. Fortunately I have not put into a campaign which did not complete. Although... I am still waiting for my colored C64 key caps.

Yeah, we are still waiting for the new case badges and floppy eject buttons that actually work on the drives we have, but I do believe they will come.

Yeah, we are still waiting for the new case badges and floppy eject buttons that actually work on the drives we have, but I do believe they will come.

Hi Guys,

I'm Phil from the team A1200NET.

First and on the name of the team I'd like to thank you for supporting our projects ;)

I'm here to answer the questions you might have.

► And I'll start with @sm3,

You may actually have received an email about the latest campaign update we've published a couple days ago.

If not, you can see part of its content below.

The Extra badges and Extra floppy buttons, are extra freebies.

I've decided to do these for all our backers outside the A1200 Case campaign funding, since I was not personally satisfied with those we've provided you.

Hence my will to do better ones.

But these have costs which I'm supporting.

► Here a couple details about the campaign and case features:

• The campaign will last 45 days. It can be expended to 60 days if necessary.
  • You can pledge on multiple rewards - Just send a message after your first pledge and we'll get back to you.
  • New run of Keycaps is planned - This will happen after all keycaps backers have received their rewards.

• Cases are Replica of Original A500 case
  • Full support for Vampire accelerators
  • New trapdoor on the rear
  • Vented bottom trapdoor
  • Metal brass inserts & screws
  • Case Metal Badge
  • Rubber Foot
  • New Original A500 Color.
  • New Tank Mouse Shells (Stretch Goal)

Thank you for your support guys ;)

The team needs you to create these new Molds and cases, like we did for the A1200 Cases.

And I'd like you to have a particular attention to SCOURGE OF THE UNDERKIND - Collector's Edition.

Which is a Physical copy of the game, with a great package made by scanavo.com.

Cheers,

Phil

badgeupdate.png

- NEWS UPDATE -

► NO MORE STRETCH GOAL ON EXTRA COLORS! ◄ (Removed)

VISIT HERE

merda5xkfudwxz2p7lvo.jpg

Today the Team would like to share with you an awesome news.
- No more Stretch goals for Extra Colors!

- Here what happened, and why we had a Stretch Goal first hand:

Producing very small QTY in any given color is costly, due to the color change fee that any manufacturer charge you with.
Small QTY like the PINK A1200 cases for instance.

– Reminder: A1200 case colors were chosen by Amigans through two polls the team ran back in the days.

Following A1200 case production, our partner informed us he couldn't operate the A500 case production under the same condition we agreed on the A1200 cases.
This led us to create the Color Stretch goal you saw at campaign launch.

For each color change through production, there is a color change fee.

These includes:

• Removing molds from Injection
  • Cleaning of each molds & cleaning injection system
  • Molds re-install, setup & calibration for next production

These operations can take up to two days.

The team has been in discussion with manufacturer since end of A1200 case production (for backers).

Yesterday evening we ultimately found an understanding with our partner, and they agreed to proceed under the same conditions than production of the A1200 case, but this time for the A500 case.

1. ALL COLORS AVAILABLE back within standard Campaign Goal.
  2. TANK MOUSE SHELLS Stretch Goal has been lowered accordingly!

The team is very glad to share this awesome update with you guys

Thank you for your support.

Like for the A1200 cases, we need all Amigans on this to create new molds for Amiga 500 cases.

Cheers,
Phil

Edited by amenophis

Unlike the thick quality cases of the Amiga 1000 and my Atari ST's, two of my Amiga 500 cases have not just yellowed, but broken into pieces. So, I ordered two of these on Indiegogo. I heard back in December that these cases would be available to order sometime this year and I am happy to see them.

Here's the link: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/new-compatible-case-for-amiga-500-plus#/

I don't do Indiegogo, once was too many times.

Hi James,

You put your trust in the Team -Not in the platform-.

The platform does nothing else than displaying campaigns. That's it.

Our team delivers and we've proven it.

If you had issues with previous campaigns on IndieGoGo,

Thats sad and I'm sorry to hear that.

• It just happen the same happens on Kickstarter.
  • It has nothing to do with IndieGoGo!

► The confusion also comes from that Indiegogo has 2x modes of funding:

- Fixed Funding

- Flexible Funding

- The team chose the Fixed Funding of course.

It's an ALL-OR-NOTHING option.

If we hit the goal, we get backers funds.

If we don't, then backers gets to be automatically refunded.

► More on that here:

https://support.indiegogo.com/hc/en-us/articles/205138007-Choose-Your-Funding-Type-Can-I-Keep-My-Money-

► To see what we've achieved so far:

https://www.facebook.com/pg/a1200net/photos/?tab=albums

You can see Amiga 1200 molds & cases sent toward backers!

The team would be honored if you could support the campaign for the Amiga 500 cases as well, because all backers that did already supported are waiting for you to do the same.

They want New Amiga 500 cases as much as the Team wants them.

So all amigans have to reunite behind the Amiga, and pledge for these molds and then get new cases.

Thank you again James,

Hope my explanations makes sence :)

Hi James,

You put your trust in the Team -Not in the platform-.

The platform does nothing else than displaying campaigns. That's it.

Our team delivers and we've proven it.

If you had issues with previous campaigns on IndieGoGo,

Thats sad and I'm sorry to hear that.

• It just happen the same happens on Kickstarter.
  • It has nothing to do with IndieGoGo!

► The confusion also comes from that Indiegogo has 2x modes of funding:

- Fixed Funding

- Flexible Funding

- The team chose the Fixed Funding of course.

It's an ALL-OR-NOTHING option.

If we hit the goal, we get backers funds.

If we don't, then backers gets to be automatically refunded.

► More on that here:

https://support.indiegogo.com/hc/en-us/articles/205138007-Choose-Your-Funding-Type-Can-I-Keep-My-Money-

► To see what we've achieved so far:

https://www.facebook.com/pg/a1200net/photos/?tab=albums

You can see Amiga 1200 molds & cases sent toward backers!

The team would be honored if you could support the campaign for the Amiga 500 cases as well, because all backers that did already supported are waiting for you to do the same.

They want New Amiga 500 cases as much as the Team wants them.

So all amigans have to reunite behind the Amiga, and pledge for these molds and then get new cases.

Thank you again James,

Hope my explanations makes sence :)

This isn't about whether or not you deliver. This is about a site that does little to ward off fraud, has some policies I really don't like, and supporting any project on it still gives money to the people that run the site.

• Like 1

This isn't about whether or not you deliver. This is about a site that does little to ward off fraud, has some policies I really don't like, and supporting any project on it still gives money to the people that run the site.

I can understand what you mean.

However and with all due respect, the way on how and why IGG staff runs their platform or why there were fraud on it, does not have anything to do with our projects.

What concerns us is to manufacture molds for Amiga 500 case.

That is way higher than any other consideration and I do expect you'll support the campaign because you support the Amiga and believe in what our team is doing.

Thank you again James,

Cheers,

Phil

Philipe and the team came through with the A1200 cases, so I am backing this project and hoping others do too.

I have two broken A500 cases. On one, the plastic around the Del/Help buttons cracked, and on another, I tried to remove the ugly "European Computer of the Year" gold badge only to find the glue they used had actually melted the plastic under the badge.

Thank you Phillipe for putting this together, and I hope they reach their stretch goals so we can get matching mouse plastics and a choice of more colors.

• Like 1

@Oracle_Jedi,

►Thanks a lot for your support!

@All,

It is important for Amigans and Atarians (who does possess Amiga as well) to understand that what we're doing is VERY important.

We're working to get NEW MOLDS for the Amiga 500 cases.
(Click the link to see what molds are..)

• These are very expensive piece of tools for the plastic injection industry.
  • No company nor any individual will never invest so much fund into. There is no market and and the endeavor is too risky.

We proved that we can deliver very high quality cases to the community.

But the community need to support the projects for this to happen.

- You're not simply "buying" a new case..

- You're helping the whole Amiga community by manufacturing these molds with us!

That's most important thing to understand.

Thank you for your support guys! ;-)

PS:
The New Amiga 500 cases now supports Raspberry Pi 2/3!

hjgfqm66xpm51srzwmgf.png