IGNORED

Weird SMS Choplifter cartridge

DoctorSpuds

Anybody got any ideas? It's the only SMS cartridge I have with silver screws instead of black ones, and the only cartridge that has stickers on the chips. The caution sticker is absent with no signs of forced removal, it looks like it wasn't even put on in the first place. It's also the only Cart I have that uses third party chips (2 TI's and 2 Toshiba's) all the other SMS Carts I have use SEGA branded chips. If anybody can translate the (I think) Japanese that would be cool too.

post-62222-0-66956900-1522544439_thumb.jpg

post-62222-0-92031700-1522544448_thumb.jpg

post-62222-0-56846700-1522544461_thumb.jpg

I'm looking for a friend here.

Edited by DoctorSpuds

I assume it actually does play Choplifter?

I does play Choplifter... The Japanese チョップ on the chips translate to CHOP with the date 1/7 which in Japan (and most of the rest of the world is July first). I've found a picture of a known Choplifter prototype with the same stickers except in English http://hiddenpalace.org/Choplifter!_(Jul_1,_1986_prototype). And there is a faint border on the front of the cartridge where a sticker was most likely placed and later picked and peeled off.