IGNORED

Entry 2018: Deep Zone

All tells me that all the odd frames are missing...

I see. I guess if you are multiplexing the ship and the shield (which is a larger circle), then if the ship frame is missing, all he'll see is the shield as a bit white circle, 3x the size. Likewise for the "infinity" symbol, which could be the red overlay to add detail to the ship, which is multiplexed with the ship sprite itself. Gotcha.

Yeah, some HDTVs have the tendency to lower the frame-rate and duplicate them to "smooth out" the video, expecting an actual TV interlaced signal. If this is the case, then there may be an option to turn it off.

I wonder if CrossBow tried an original Intellivision Master Component on the same TV and got a different result...

In any case, I'll test this week-end just to be sure.

-dZ.

I always use my old analog TV w/ original RF hookups (sans switchbox, natch) when I play. Perhaps the display issues are unique to digital TVs?

In any case, this weekend I'll try again using an Intellivision II and one of the other systems on both analog and digital TVs. The digital TV is old enough to still support analog RF input directly, so there won't be any conversions other than what happens within the LED TV itself (an LG 47LX9500).

Wasn't there an issue with a game that suffered either a 30Hz or 60Hz aliasing effect on some TVs? I also recall testing a different game on PAL where in one setup, due to sprite multiplexing and a toxic combination of video conversion hardware and aliasing, some sprites would never​ appear on the screen! In that case, using a different bit of hardware to connect up the PAL console fixed the problem. The same hardware (a USB TV stick) did not suffer the same problems for NTSC.

I always use my old analog TV w/ original RF hookups (sans switchbox, natch) when I play. Perhaps the display issues are unique to digital TVs?

In any case, this weekend I'll try again using an Intellivision II and one of the other systems on both analog and digital TVs. The digital TV is old enough to still support analog RF input directly, so there won't be any conversions other than what happens within the LED TV itself (an LG 47LX9500).

Wasn't there an issue with a game that suffered either a 30Hz or 60Hz aliasing effect on some TVs? I also recall testing a different game on PAL where in one setup, due to sprite multiplexing and a toxic combination of video conversion hardware and aliasing, some sprites would never​ appear on the screen! In that case, using a different bit of hardware to connect up the PAL console fixed the problem. The same hardware (a USB TV stick) did not suffer the same problems for NTSC.

Yup, that was Donkey Kong Arcade. Back then, Intellivision home-brews avoided multiplexing like the plague. It wasn't until DK Arcade and the newer IntyBASIC games that it became a bit popular among developers to do so.

dZ.

Okay, I've stated all these things before but I will shorten my posts in hopes the details aren't missed:

- I did all the contest judging from my Sears Super Video Arcade on my Sony LED HDTV as it is the only TV I use in the game room.

- DZone didn't exhibit these issues from my SVA on my Sony LED that I recall during my playtesting during the contest.

- The issues I described are happening on two different Intelly 2 models. Both exhibit the same odd issues.

So the only real difference here is that this was the first time I'd tried the game on an Intelly 2 and that was only because I happen to be servicing one currently. That is why I was asking for someone else to test and see if these two Intelly model 2s are unique and have the exact same issues between them or if the game does glitch up on Intelly model 2 units. If it is the latter, then that isn't a bad thing since the game isn't officially released yet right?

And it makes that 'other' non-sanctioned release have issues that new owners aren't aware of yet.

Edited by -^Cro§Bow^-

Yeah, but ... reverb effect? How cool is that! icon_lol.gif

-dZ.

Yeah I'm not sure I can capture it properly because through RF the ARC doesn't come into affect through my receiver. And the sound is mono through RF so it has more of an echo like effect. So yeah..like a reverb/delay and again some of the notes sound very different from my SVA and had a very SID like synth sound to them that I hadn't heard before. I liked it!

Okay, I've stated all these things before but I will shorten my posts in hopes the details aren't missed:

- I did all the contest judging from my Sears Super Video Arcade on my Sony LED HDTV as it is the only TV I use in the game room.

- DZone didn't exhibit these issues from my SVA on my Sony LED that I recall during my playtesting during the contest.

- The issues I described are happening on two different Intelly 2 models. Both exhibit the same odd issues.

So the only real difference here is that this was the first time I'd tried the game on an Intelly 2 and that was only because I happen to be servicing one currently. That is why I was asking for someone else to test and see if these two Intelly model 2s are unique and have the exact same issues between them or if the game does glitch up on Intelly model 2 units. If it is the latter, then that isn't a bad thing since the game isn't officially released yet right?

And it makes that 'other' non-sanctioned release have issues that new owners aren't aware of yet.

Can you try the same inty 2 unit on a different TV set or on the same TV set with different image settings, e. g. in gaming mode?

I didn't test with a different TV but I can tell you that I my TV is already in gaming mode with all enhancements turned off on it.

Also, it is an issue with the RF input only. On composite, I can see everything normally. So yes it appears to be an issue with the way my TV is handling the RF signal in this case. I guess I hadn't tested the game before on anything other than my AV modded Sears unit in the past.