IGNORED

Nintendo Magazine to recommend?

128Kgames

Hope the community can help me help my Son out and recommend any current video game magazines that cover Nintendo?

My Son is 10 and he is a Nintendo devotee - Mario and Luigi his best pals (although I think he leans more towards Luigi).

I know Nintendo Age isn't around anymore but I was hoping to get him a subscription to something that might feature Nintendo more so than other vendors.

He's following in my footsteps with collecting but his is definitely more Nintendo-centric (DS Lite, 3DS, Wii, Wii U, Switch and NES Classic).

I'd like to get him off the screen and back to reading a little bit more, even if its only a magazine.

Any help would be appreciated.

The only video GAMe magazine I'm aware of existing anymore is game informer (which covers a bit of everything) I loved Nintendo power back in the 90's when it was its own thing, but in the 00's they just had whoever did did all game mags do there's as well, and a couple of years ago they axed it.

I'd love more options but there are few, or none available. Game informer is OK, but not specified. Yes, its an add for GameStop, but then any game mag was an add for its covered consoles anyways. Its bigger problem is, you can't subscribe to it independently. Its part of some other service, though still not bad pricewise.

Walmart has one, game center or something. Its not very good, but its free, you can pick it up in electronics at your local store.

I'd like some more magazines, yeah digital, but there's less eyestrain in reading print, not that I have to worry about that (I don't read THAT much) but you don't need power or internet for a mag, and it is great for most situations, less likely to give neck strain or gorilla hands than a tablet or phone. Plus I'm that weirdo that will go back and read stuff later, sometimes years later.

• Like 2

Well,there is Nintendo Force Magazine.It is bi-monthly and launched the month after Nintendo Power was discontinued. It covers everything Nintendo.Right now it's on Patreon for $4.99 an issue US, and $5.99 an issue in Canada.It also has a digital version for $2.99 an issue. I am currently a subscriber. Patreon link: https://www.patreon.com/NintendoForce Website link for back-issues: http://www.nintendoforcemagazine.com/