IGNORED

Extra Backgammon end label - different

I was going through some of my "complete" Intellivision games and I came across an extra end-label for Backgammon.

The original one is green with white lettering and says it's printed in Hong Kong.

But the extra loose one is a burgundy color with the ABPA symbol on the left, Backgammon in smaller white text and AMERICAN BACKGAMMON PLAYERS ASSOCIATION in small print underneath.

How many different ones are there?

Oh, you sly dog, the1hatman!

It occurred to me that one could easily convert green label Backgammon carts into double labels or just Intellivision, Inc. white label versions. So collectors of these need to be very careful when buying or bidding for these at auction. If the white label looks too perfect and clear of any glue seeping through to the front I wouldn't chase after it. It is easy to capture the old glue effect in Photoshop but it would not print very well on a physical label. One glance and even a novice Intellivision collector would be able to spot the difference.

Keep your eyes open guys!

It occurred to me that one could easily convert green label Backgammon carts into double labels or just Intellivision, Inc. white label versions. So collectors of these need to be very careful when buying or bidding for these at auction. If the white label looks too perfect and clear of any glue seeping through to the front I wouldn't chase after it. It is easy to capture the old glue effect in Photoshop but it would not print very well on a physical label. One glance and even a novice Intellivision collector would be able to spot the difference.

Keep your eyes open guys!

The other option is to keep in mind that double labeled games have no inherent value over any other, so don't pay a significant premium to obtain them :D

• Like 1

The other option is to keep in mind that double labeled games have no inherent value over any other, so don't pay a significant premium to obtain them :D

Good luck with that ;-)

But since I don't collect these I'll keep shooting you a heads up when I see them in the wild.