IGNORED

AtGames 2018 speculation thread

Can you tell us if the save feature will be added to games we add with the ad card if you can do that I'll gladly rebuy the handheld

I am autor of the "Neto Boot Loader" a custom OS which can be used by the "Mega Drive 2017' released by Tec Toy and Other Systems which use the Red Kid 2500 processor having a SD Interface which includes ATGames portables.

This OS fixes the processor settings and add other features like Game Genie and Save for some Games ( list of supported games http://www.neto-games.com.br/rom_hack/neto_boot_loader.php#neto_boot_loader_sram).

• Like 2

To be clear, there are no repairs to the emulation itself. The core emulation is exactly the same as before, including the sound. It's extra features on top of that that don't directly impact actual emulation performance.

Hi Bill - Is the the paddle "lag" seen in games like Kaboom! being addressed? Thanks!

• Like 1

How was is? I'm sure you can't reveal too much, but how did it compare to previous Flashback consoles?

Pretty great. The new emulation and other improvements and features are significant upgrades. At the moment, though, it looks like it will only work with custom AtGames paddles (higher resolution) and not be backwards compatible with the original paddles. I'm not thrilled about that at the moment, but we'll see how it develops.

• Like 9

Pretty great. The new emulation and other improvements and features are significant upgrades. At the moment, though, it looks like it will only work with custom AtGames paddles (higher resolution) and not be backwards compatible with the original paddles. I'm not thrilled about that at the moment, but we'll see how it develops.

Good to hear! The Flashback 8 got me into collecting Atari games, so I'm glad to hear the new VCS isn't replacing the Flashback series. Even though it will never be a replacement for the original 2600, having a large library of good games and new games on a licensed product that works with modern TVs is always appreciated.

• Like 3

Awesome. I don't think the paddle change will be a big issue as long as the AtGames paddle have good availability

• Like 2

I don't know yet. I haven't used them myself either. My guess is these will only work with the new console, but that's only a guess at this point.

If that's the case, hopefully they will be included with the console. I can't really see retailers carrying them separately--at least not in store.

• Like 2

I really don't understand this. It's been what, over a decade with the same sound issue and the reason for the issue has been known for several years... The other mystery feature updates may be interesting, but there really seems to be no excuse for the sound emulation issue to still be there after all this time. I'm afraid without that being fixed, I'm going to have to pass on the next Sega Portable no matter what other new features there may be.

It’s the same for me. The day the sound is fixed I’ll buy one.