IGNORED

Possible Pirate/Wrong Cartridge for Megamania

CartoonCade

So, for whatever reason, I recently bought Megamania for Atari 2600 at a local game store. The label was worn down, the screw holes were open (with screws still inside), and the game looked dirty. After some fiddling, I managed to get it working. The only problem? Kaboom! Was displaying on my TV. After opening the cartridge, I found two different serial numbers on the casing, and what I assume to be the Kaboom! ROM chip. I don't know why this happened. I'm not sure if this was intentional, or if someone did this on purpose, but I own a copy of Megamania that plays Kaboom! Instead. I've included some pictures, and any help as to clarifying what the heck is going on is welcome. I'm not an idiot, and I likely just bought a messed up game that someone put together, or that someone just put the wrong ROM in the wrong case. I just wanna know what is going on and what I should do?

TL;DR - My copy of Megamania is actually Kaboom! And I don't know why.

NOTES:

ROM CHIP SERIAL NO.:

AG-910-00A (©1981 ACTIVISION)

CARTRIDGE SERIAL NOS.:

TOP CASE (WITH LABEL) - AG-920-01E

PTM-6D

BOTTOM CASE - AG-920-02E PTM-7Dpost-64265-0-87508400-1522970885_thumb.jpgpost-64265-0-01596600-1522970857_thumb.jpg

post-64265-0-91598500-1522970533_thumb.jpg

post-64265-0-51912800-1522970558_thumb.jpg

post-64265-0-35122200-1522970627_thumb.jpg

I just wanna know what is going on and what I should do?

if you have some jitter free paddles, play Kaboom!

you should beable to bring it to the attention of the store owner & perhaps get another Megamania hopefully keeping the Kaboom before he just tosses it in the trash

No matter how jitter free my paddles are, Kaboom! Is the one exception I'll probably just keep the cart. It was only $6, so I'm not too terribly upset. I already have a functioning cartridge of Kaboom!, So I'll just keep this around as an oddity. Thank you for your help, though! This is the weirdest cart I have, aside from Journey Escape.

• Like 1