IGNORED

Will there EVER be an event within a day's drive of Atlanta?

Room 34

AARGH! Every time I hear about Cinci Classic or Midwest Classic or the Austin Gaming Expo or any of the other myriad events going on around the country, I get one step closer to :mad: !

WHHYYYYYY is it that there seem to be NO events within a day's drive of Atlanta? Why not IN Atlanta?

Sheesh... I'll go to Nashville... Charlotte... Tampa... whatever. (Or hey, why not ATLANTA?)

OK... calm down.... whew...!

What does it take to get one of these things put together anyway? If no one ELSE is going to make this happen in Atlanta, maybe it's up to me!

Isn't Cincinnati about an 8-hour drive from Atlanta? That's within a day. ;)

Seriously though, I know the Cinciclassic and the Phillyclassic began as small events and just kept growing each year. The Cinciclassic was started by a group of classic gamers, no different than the rest of us. (I believe Philly was the same way, but I'm not 100% sure.)

So starting your own event is the way to go, if you don't want to drive or fly. These events are now becoming my vacations. Speaking of which, still need to get some plane quotes for Austin. :D

Actually, you're right. My band played in Cincinnati the week before (or after -- I know it was only one week away) Cinci Classic last September!

Maybe this year I'll make it to Cinci... I'm not in the band anymore. :P

I'd make them my vacations too... but my wife doesn't share my enthusiasm for "obsolete" technology. :roll:

Archived