IGNORED

TI-Dir and windows 10

hloberg

I've had this same issue... not on all my windows 10, only on my very high-res laptop display. Using the latest Ti99dir available back in January.

I tried going into the app compatibility settings in windows and changing the parameters around application scaling, and version compatibility, but never found a combination that worked.

I uninstalled Windows, so I don't have the environment that reproduces it anymore.

My laptop with the issue has a display of : 13.3" LED QHD Display (3200x1800 dots) - No Nvidia or AMD graphics chip, just Intel HD.

The Windows 10 desktop with 4k display without the problem says: 3840 x 2160 Max. Resolution, but I run it at a lower resolution. 25?? x ????

-M@

• Like 1

I've had this same issue... not on all my windows 10, only on my very high-res laptop display. Using the latest Ti99dir available back in January.

I tried going into the app compatibility settings in windows and changing the parameters around application scaling, and version compatibility, but never found a combination that worked.

I uninstalled Windows, so I don't have the environment that reproduces it anymore.

My laptop with the issue has a display of : 13.3" LED QHD Display (3200x1800 dots) - No Nvidia or AMD graphics chip, just Intel HD.

The Windows 10 desktop with 4k display without the problem says: 3840 x 2160 Max. Resolution, but I run it at a lower resolution. 25?? x ????

-M@

exact same issue with my old Dell Optiplex and a Lenevo laptop. To get around the issue I run My TI99 stuff in an XP VM. But I hate having to fire up the VM every time I need to do something with the TI99 on the PCs.

• 5 months later...

Same issue with Windows 7. I had to recently reformat my drive due to a crash and re-install Windows. No issues previously. Using the latest Ti99dir 6.4a but even version 5.3b is having the same problem now. I tried different compatibility configurations and screen resolutions to no avail. Fred, help please???

https://youtu.be/_6tfNKB-zoc

Update: I changed the screen scaling from the monitor's native to my NVIDIA card's own scaling, restarted the computer, and now the issue is resolved. Might help someone here with similar issues.

• Like 4