IGNORED

The Last Word - Saving with different line endings

gozar

There isn't, although it's been a requested feature in the past. Not a completely trivial undertaking, since at the moment a file save is simply a buffer write to disk. It may appear in a future version.

For now, you could write a macro to global search/replace line endings, save a copy of the file, then convert everything back again.

If you're using emulation, you could also utilize the line translation "H:" devices.

I want to use it through the PCLink interface.

Since I'm sharing a folder in Dropbox, it won't be a problem to convert the file on the other end, but I will need to check out the macro facility.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I want to use it through the PCLink interface.

Since I'm sharing a folder in Dropbox, it won't be a problem to convert the file on the other end, but I will need to check out the macro facility.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am doing the save thing with Dropbox what line ending to want to end up with on the Dropbox side CR/LF or just an LF.

TLW.zip

This is a macro that jfc made for me years ago and also the LW.SYS file that calls the macro while loading program...

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

I am doing the save thing with Dropbox what line ending to want to end up with on the Dropbox side CR/LF or just an LF.

attachicon.gifTLW.zip

This is a macro that jfc made for me years ago and also the LW.SYS file that calls the macro while loading program...

I finally got a chance to try this macro, but I can't get it to work. It asks to convert, and then goes through the file and ends with NOT FOUND.

Any ideas?

I finally got a chance to try this macro, but I can't get it to work. It asks to convert, and then goes through the file and ends with NOT FOUND.

Any ideas?

Oh wait, I think it's because I'm using Unix line endings, which is just a LF, not CR/LF. I fixed the macro and it now works. Sweet!

• Like 1