IGNORED

3-in-1 Football (Lance Haffner) Does it Exist?

12 hours ago, DocSavage2001 said:

I also owned another obscure stats based sports title that doesn't have an image of any kind on AtariMania called Monday Morning Manager for baseball.

Although it's not on AtariMania, it appears at least SOMEONE had a disk image of Monday Morning Manager for Atari 8-bit.

http://www.tuatarasoftware.com/baseballanalytics/2019/11/30/retro-computer-baseball-game-review-monday-morning-manager/

• 3 months later...
19 minutes ago, www.atarimania.com said:

There may be some good news soon.

is this about MMM or 3-in-1 Football (Lance Haffner)?

i thought the thread was about 3-in-1 Football (Lance Haffner) - and it seems a little pointless signing up for alerts on 3-in-1 Football, if the alerts are completely unrelated

couldn't MMM (baseball game) have its own thread?

Edited by Guest

19 minutes ago, _The Doctor__ said:

@Stephen

click the link for the picture, zoom in and look around the bottom 3rd of the picture...

You may see it too!

Yessssss!

I was looking for it a while ago, for a few minutes, but didn't notice it.

Looks like it's in a wrapper too...

3in1.thumb.png.1968fde4d291b12cb78f7f4c5a8899d6.png

Edited by MrFish

1 hour ago, _The Doctor__ said:

@Stephen

click the link for the picture, zoom in and look around the bottom 3rd of the picture...

You may see it too!

Yessssss!

Didn't even see a picture - I was just showing my awesome rhyming skills :)

EDIT

Looking back, yeah, I see that came off totally wrong.  Sorry - bad attempt at humour.

The good thing is, less than 3 years after the initial inquiry, a game that is obviously extremely rare has suddenly appeared, and we may all just be giving it a go soon -- thanks to some very devoted veterans of the Atari community.

One thing to point out (again), is that the manual portion of the PDF I scanned and uploaded here (in this thread) should be identical to the manual that will be with the Atari disk(s) (since instructions for the 8-bit version are on page 2 of the manual included with the Atari ST version) (universal manual for a bunch of systems). The only part that may be different are the College & Pro Teams sheets; these are separate sheets that were included with my ST copy of the game (combined at the end of the manual PDF). So, at least initially, there should be no rush to scan the included instructional materials (aside from possible need of the College & Pro Team sheets). Also, I'd be glad to combine correct portions of the materials to make a PDF specific for the Atari version, if that will save some effort. I know you may just want to scan everything from the Atari package straight away and be done with it; which is fine. I'm just offering to help out.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Allan said:

I love when companies print manual for multiple platforms. It makes it a lot easier to hunt down a copy of the manual to archive and it possibly benefits more people.

Yeah, I was pretty happy about that; because if an Atari version was found and no manual was with it, we'd still be set (with the possible exception of the teams lists; but those can be derived by peeking at the data files).

8 minutes ago, Cebus Capucinis said:

Admittedly the rare games are almost always boring and/or terrible, because if they were good, they wouldn't be rare....

That's not the case here. This is a loved program on the C64, Apple II, and other platforms. I think it was just late in the life of the machine, and somewhat of a niche title.

• Thanks 1

Lot's of great titles and utilities never made their way but to a handful of people back in the day. You'd be lucky to see anything listed in a newsletter or something. It's good to see it all for a multitude of reasons. I view some of the coding as an art form.

1 hour ago, _The Doctor__ said:

I like how the initial exploding brenski post was edited to be calmer and then the attack and accusations fly

I guess that's the context I'm missing here. Even assuming some initial heat to start this thread derailment, none of it makes much sense to me. Rare game found, right? Take the win. If somebody is getting uppity then ignore them and still take the win.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, www.atarimania.com said:

It might take some time to sort / dump / scan all the material so please be patient.

Here's a teaser, just hoping the disk is in the box and fully readable...

1362468467_3-in-1Football.thumb.jpg.a768f7f8ee93b86156c2d8a7902e7263.jpg

No rush. Take your time and do things right.

The label shows exactly what I'm talking about with this game. A text-based game that requires 64 KB.

[Edit: Kinda neat that it will work with a 64 KB Atari 800. That's pretty unique and thoughtful.]

Edited by MrFish
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, www.atarimania.com said:

It might take some time to sort / dump / scan all the material so please be patient.

Exactly like the box for the ST version that I bought. If it's anything like the box I have, in its construction, it's heavy duty -- compared to a lot of the flimsy boxes you find with other Atari software.

On 1/30/2021 at 8:04 PM, MrFish said:

Exactly like the box for the ST version that I bought. If it's anything like the box I have, in its construction, it's heavy duty -- compared to a lot of the flimsy boxes you find with other Atari software.

i still have a c64 3-in-1 football add-on disk:

LHG-105 - Standings & League Leaders

i don;t have a means to read it, does anyone have a use for it? what can be done with it?

is there any possibility of reading/copying the data from a c64 disk using an Atari?

Edited by Guest

42 minutes ago, brenski said:

i still have a c64 3-in-1 football add-on disk:

LHG-105 - Standings & League Leaders

i don;t have a means to read it, does anyone have a use for it? what can be done with it?

is there any possibility of reading/copying the data from a c64 disk using an Atari?

If the copy recently obtained for the Atari images properly, it will open up a lot of doors.

Is that add-on you have supposed to be a utility or an additional compilation of teams?

Yeah, ok... no way to tell from that.

Well, if it is a utility, there is still a chance that it could be useful. Conversion would be necessary (of the BASIC program code); but it's not going to be some gigantic program like the game itself; so more palatable for converting.

If it's just data, of course it can be used more easily with the Atari version.

So, you'd need to get it into the hands of someone with a C64 setup, and the ability to image to a PC file. Might be possible to find someone here on the 8-bit forum, or use the C64 forum here on AtariAge.

• 1 month later...
On 1/30/2021 at 2:09 PM, www.atarimania.com said:

Oooh oooh oooh (or maybe arrrh arrrh arrrh -- in football grunt style)... the manual, disks, and packaging have been scanned: 3 in 1 College & Pro Football

• Like 2