IGNORED

Remind Me! -- Source Code?

Omega-TI

As you all know, I'm no assembly language programmer, but I'm still wondering, is there any source code floating around out there for the program called 'Remind Me!'?

RemindMe! is one of my most loved and used TI programs of all time and it's VERY useful too. I was thinking now that everyone getting a TIPI will have a 'REAL TIME CLOCK' on their TI's now, others besides me could enjoy that program too! The only problem... RemindMe! is not currently compatible with the RPi clock format.

Considering how many people have and will be getting TIPI's, I think it's safe to assume that the RPi's clock format will be considered 'THE STANDARD' in the TI community from here on out.

Oh, for you guys wanting to get and use the time from your TIPI's Rpi clock in Extended BASIC, this short little bit of code comes from InsaneMultitasker. The fact that everything returns all in one string, makes it kind of difficult to use for anything other than display purposes, so I'll leave it to the certified uber programmers to figure out a way to break it down into usable segments. It's out of my league.

post-35324-0-48561000-1523294889_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Yes, I use John Johnson's "Remind Me", but I don't have a TIPI, yet. However, I do have a "WATCHAMACALIT" real time hard clock, and a P-GRAM+, and a link to Fred Kaal's TI99Hdx running on my TI PC support laptop for date and time updates, and I'm sure there are lots of other member using these and other TI conventional clocks that intend to continue their use for some time to come, as do I.

• Like 1

I'm sure there are lots of other member using these and other TI conventional clocks that intend to continue their use for some time to come, as do I.

Oh I'm sure of it, and I'm one of them. ;-) Sadly, RTC's for the TI are dang hard to come by and usually quite expensive when one does become available. I pulled my hair out for a full year trying get one. If it were not for the kindness of The Great Gazoo (RIP), I'd probably still be SOL.

Now that the TIPI is out, people might be able to see what they've been missing, no reason newbies should be be left out of the cold, right? The only reason I say it'll probably become the standard is only due to sheer numbers. I don't mean to take anything away from legacy software, legacy cards or their users, but as our community grows, a larger percentage seem to be going with the newer, smaller, readily available and vastly more affordable home brew hardware.

That isn't meant to be the final form of the clock... Just the earliest proof of concept for special file handling.

I've meant to at least provide the same record format as something pre-existing.

If I were making it up, I figured TIPI could detect if you are opening the file in DIS/FIX 4 and just provide the date in an internal form, or DIS/FIX 7 and get date and time.

Or if the default record length is used, provide it such that INPUT Y,M,D,H,M,S would work from BASIC... requires encoding the values correctly... like I have to for the catalog.

I think most of the other RTC solutions for the TI have the values memory mapped. I won't be able to do that with TIPI, but the LEVEL 3 IO approach should be able to be made as compatible as is reasonable... HDX has a Level 3 IO Clock as well, and I thought classic99 did, but don't quote me on that last part... Following one of their leads would make sense.

-M@

• Like 3

level 3 compatibility with Classic99 and CorComp triple tech seems like a good option and/or approach for reading the time.

I forgot, i still have a Corcomp Triple Tech. I thought I had it sold 5 or 6 years ago, as I haven't used it since..uh, maybe 8 to 10 months after I purchased it. Anyone interested?

• Like 1

Yes, I use John Johnson's "Remind Me", but I don't have a TIPI, yet. However, I do have a "WATCHAMACALIT" real time hard clock, and a P-GRAM+, and a link to Fred Kaal's TI99Hdx running on my TI PC support laptop for date and time updates, and I'm sure there are lots of other member using these and other TI conventional clocks that intend to continue their use for some time to come, as do I.

wow. Do you have some more info about this clock ? Maybe manufacturer, year, is it a PEB-card....?

So I can add it to the list

thanks

here my (older version of a) "clock-related" list, as an example, but have to revise and to reformat:

TI-99-4A-HW-CLOCK-Capability-v1.20-MY-.pdf

wow. Do you have some more info about this clock ? Maybe manufacturer, year, is it a PEB-card....?

thanks

here my (older version of a) "clock-related" list, as an example, but have to revise and to reformat:

attachicon.gifTI-99-4A-HW-CLOCK-Capability-v1.20-MY-.pdf

I assume you mean the "WATCHAMACALIT" real time hard clock? If so, then it is specifically for the Myarc HFDC controller card. I have two diskettes of software and documentation. The 2nd diskette is the version 2.0 update of 1994. It is a small circuit board that replaces the Myarc CLOCK chip. Supposedly, is within 2 seconds of setting after 24 hours. The original release was January 15, 1993.

• Like 1

thanks

I assume you mean the "WATCHAMACALIT" real time hard clock? If so, then it is specifically for the Myarc HFDC controller card. I have two diskettes of software and documentation. The 2nd diskette is the version 2.0 update of 1994. It is a small circuit board that replaces the Myarc CLOCK chip. Supposedly, is within 2 seconds of setting after 24 hours. The original release was January 15, 1993.

Can you share those disks, I was selling the "WATCHAMACALIT" in or about 93 to 95 (did you purchase at Lima or Chicago?) and I have/had the disks, but I can't find them currently and they might not be in good shape if I can. Thanks

thanks

Can you share those disks, I was selling the "WATCHAMACALIT" in or about 93 to 95 (did you purchase at Lima or Chicago?) and I have/had the disks, but I can't find them currently and they might not be in good shape if I can. Thanks

Both diskettes are original, and both are in good working order. I'm pretty sure all the files from both diskettes will fit on a single diskette depending on your systems floppy drive capacity. The only PEB system not in the garage has recently been used to test FDC cards by BWG, Corcomp, and currently has a Myarc 80 track DSDD (AKA DSQD) FDC. DSK1 is a 5.25" 40 track DSDD drive, and DSK2 is a 3.5" 80 track DSDD drive. Let me know how you want to proceed.

thanks

4A/DOS can read the TIPI's clock too. From the command prompt you type: TYPE PI.CLOCK

The only problem is that it just endlessly scrolls it on the screen. Pressing CONTROL-S will stop it, but you still have to reset the TI.

Also on another note, typing: VOL DSK0. will take you to the TIPI's root directory where you can directory everything including the sub-directories, but there is an annoying character on the screen that I've been unable to find with a sector editor to remove.

Also the disk size does not appear to be accurate in the TIPI directories, probably something to do with the FIAD format and size not being an issue.

post-35324-0-03359700-1523390473.jpg

• Like 1

Both diskettes are original, and both are in good working order. I'm pretty sure all the files from both diskettes will fit on a single diskette depending on your systems floppy drive capacity. The only PEB system not in the garage has recently been used to test FDC cards by BWG, Corcomp, and currently has a Myarc 80 track DSDD (AKA DSQD) FDC. DSK1 is a 5.25" 40 track DSDD drive, and DSK2 is a 3.5" 80 track DSDD drive. Let me know how you want to proceed.

Can you place them in a disk image, v9t9, or PC99, doesn't matter. I can take either. But if you prefer, a 80 track formatted for a Corcomp will be fine. Let me know, I'll be online tomorrow. Thanks

4A/DOS can read the TIPI's clock too. From the command prompt you type: TYPE PI.CLOCK

The only problem is that it just endlessly scrolls it on the screen. Pressing CONTROL-S will stop it, but you still have to reset the TI.

Also on another note, typing: VOL DSK0. will take you to the TIPI's root directory where you can directory everything including the sub-directories, but there is an annoying character on the screen that I've been unable to find with a sector editor to remove.

Also the disk size does not appear to be accurate in the TIPI directories, probably something to do with the FIAD format and size not being an issue.

vol TIPI. is probably better.. but DSK0 works too.. The character thing is a flaw in 4a/DOS as it doesn't support subdirectories on drives.. such as the hfdc, classic99 drive emu etc..

Greg

Never heard about that. thanks for the infos

thanks

Sorry, I've been unable to sort out my cable mess in between my double row of TI systems to hook up the TI PEB system to my TI support PC to convert to V9T9 format. I don't understand your alternate request for an 80 track Corcomp diskette; I don't know of any such animal (DSDD 40 track 5.25" or 3.5"only).

• Like 1

Sorry, should have been more precise, DSDD 3.5 would be just fine. I am used to a DSHD with a HFDC on a Geneve. There is a program that will allow copy of TI Disk in a PC to V9T9 format. Anyhow let me know the shipping cost and I can find the best way to pay you back. Thanks

Yesterday was a disaster in our garage when the washing machine broke down, and made a big mess. nothing of mine was in harms way, as my stuff is relegated to the far corner, behind my son-in-laws old junk Nisan, that he was suppose to get rid of two years ago. Anyway, yes. I obviously have a Myarc HFDCC, and also have two Geneves and a full SNUG TI-99/4P. All out in the garage, mainly due to missing RGB monitors, that no one admits to throwing away. So I have many 1.44 diskettes loaded with MDOS software, and 720K diskettes with TI software, so I can provide either DSDD 40 track or DSDD 80 track 3.5" diskettes, at this time. I have 4 PC laptops, none of which are equipped with floppy diskette drives of any sort. Both washer and dryer were mine, so over 24 years old. New ones arrive Monday, but I should have diskette in the mail before then.

Yesterday was a disaster in our garage when the washing machine broke down, and made a big mess. nothing of mine was in harms way, as my stuff is relegated to the far corner, behind my son-in-laws old junk Nisan, that he was suppose to get rid of two years ago. Anyway, yes. I obviously have a Myarc HFDCC, and also have two Geneves and a full SNUG TI-99/4P. All out in the garage, mainly due to missing RGB monitors, that no one admits to throwing away. So I have many 1.44 diskettes loaded with MDOS software, and 720K diskettes with TI software, so I can provide either DSDD 40 track or DSDD 80 track 3.5" diskettes, at this time. I have 4 PC laptops, none of which are equipped with floppy diskette drives of any sort. Both washer and dryer were mine, so over 24 years old. New ones arrive Monday, but I should have diskette in the mail before then.

I'll PM you with a mailing address. Thanks, I know about disasters. :(