IGNORED

Anonymous "likes" option.

Would you like "hidden likes"  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Would you "like" more post if your identity could be hidden?

• Yes
    • No
    • Doesn't matter

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

I was thinking about this the other day. I believe sometimes people don't "like" a post because they don't want people to see they liked it for whatever reason. I think if a hide your identify feature was implemented we would see a greater number of "likes" on post.

Just a thought. Kind of like the concealed polls, people are more likely to vote in a poll where results are hidden. People like to stay private.

• Like 2

I want to know why people want a "like"vote system, without a "dislike" option?

I love the dislike option myself. I have been on other sites that implement a + - system and it's funny when someone has -20 LOL. The dislike option does tend to bring out negativity so that is the main reason sites avoid it. Some people have a hard time dealing w/scores when they are negative and people just neg them to be funny and edge those people on.

I was thinking about this the other day. I believe sometimes people don't "like" a post because they don't want people to see they liked it for whatever reason. I think if a hide your identify feature was implemented we would see a greater number of "likes" on post.

Just a thought. Kind of like the concealed polls, people are more likely to vote in a poll where results are hidden. People like to stay private.

Do likes really matter that much here?

I doubt that a relevant number of people here is reluctant to voice their positive opinion.

I don't think the stuff posted here is controversial enough to make people afraid. We don't allow the really controversial stuff.

There just isn't much motivation to use the like system. Unlike other sites where upvotes get you karma or makes your post prominent-- not saying we should have this because it tends to create more drama and BS.

I mean I'll click like if I like a comment sometimes. But I rarely go back and check to see how many likes my comments got.

• Like 1

Sometimes I catch myself "liking" dissenting opinions by multiple parties just because I enjoy the drama... :cool:

That's why I would object against a dislike button, especially an anonymous one.

There are enough sick people out there who only look out for drama already. For sure this site shouldn't help them collecting dislikes. And I suppose for the same reason nobody gets told how many people have put him/her on ignore.

• Like 3

I'd say it basically doesn't matter. And yet I voted Yes, simply because I sometimes like more options. Also there might be a rare occasion that calls for it.

I don't like the Dislike option for the same reasons as everybody else. It tends to bring out the worst in people. I think AtariAge was meant to be positive in general, and Plenty of people disagree in their comments anyway, so it wouldn't really help anything.

• Like 3

I never "like" posts because I don't see the point. Facebook and Reddit use it as a popularity contest to control what content users are allowed to see, but on a message board, it just seems like it's a lazy way for someone to quietly voice their approval without having to actually type anything.

but on a message board, it just seems like it's a lazy way for someone to quietly voice their approval without having to actually type anything.

I always viewed it as showing you agree with a post w/out cluttering up a thread. I would rather one person write something and multiple people like it instead of all those people writing the same thing multiple times over.

• Like 2