IGNORED

Eurocon 2003 in Germany - first call!

lenno

Hi everybody,

we (TheJek and Lenno from http://www.gamereset.de) finally set a date for this year's Eurocon in Karlsruhe, Germany!

Although this is not a very "informative" mail, we want to announce to you that we definitely will do it on the weekend from September 12th to September 14th 2003!

The Eurocon´s motto will be "Eurocon 2003 - Atari And Beyond"

Although this con is for collectors of classic Videogames like the Atari 2600, it will be a little different to former Eurocons ...

So what will you expect?

The meeting will be in the rooms of RetroGames e.V. - the first official German "Verein" (Club) for "preventing and support of classic video-gaming culture".

There you will find over 30 original arcade machines on free play and a huge selection of classic videogames. This includes a original Full-Motion Space Harrier, a 2-player-"Outrunners", original "Phoenix", "Puckman", "Donkey Kong", "Pole Position II", "Road Blasters", "Pacmania", "Sega Outrun", "Narc", 4-player-"Gauntlet" etc. and a lot of working arcade boards.

On Saturday or Sunday we will do the "8-bit-sell-and-trade show" in Karlsruhe with our friends from 8-bit-games, who did this show in the last 3 years in Frankfurt. This will be open for everybody, so make sure to bring loads of stuff to sell to "ordinary" game-fans.

Saturday evening we probably watch the original movie TRON in a big cinema near by. Roloff de Jeu has an original copy of TRON and would bring it with him.

Beside this, there will be a lot fun with the arcades, competitions and other events (we still thinking about ... good ideas are welcome).

There will be a limited number of about 30 people to join Eurocon, so please let us know if you plan to join so that we can plan hotels and food - the details are not fixed yet.

We will ask you in July for a fixed commitment.

Please use "mailto:info@eurocon2003.de" for questions - it will reach both of us. Feel free to spread the news ;-)

Lenno (Jörg Lennhof)

TheJek (Jens Kloepfel)

------------------------------------

More Info:

mailto:info@eurocon2003.de

Main Website: http://www.eurocon2003.de (under Construction ;-)

GameReset: http://www.gamereset.de

RetroGames e.V.: http://retrogames.info

Huhu!

There will be a limited number of about 30 people to join Eurocon, so please let us know if you plan to join so that we can plan hotels and food - the details are not fixed yet.

Uhm... I fear I don't understand that. The whole Eurocon is limited to 30 visitors only?

Greetings,

Manuel

Hi there!

30 people as always... During the trades there is no restriction.

Uhm... and the difference between the two visiting modes is some 60€... as always...? :ponder: :)

I think then I'll come just as "ordinary" visitor. Karlsruhe is only a 2:30 hour car-ride, so I don't need a hotel anyway :wink:

Greetings,

Manuel

I think then I'll come just as "ordinary" visitor. Karlsruhe is only a 2:30 hour car-ride, so I don't need a hotel anyway

Yeah as I understand it then, you will be able to attend the 8bit show, which the Eurocon people will also be attending on one of the days.

You'll miss all the fun in the RetroGames e.V rooms, with the 30 arcade machines, plus the Tron viewing, arcades, competitions and other events that will occur.

At the previous Eurocon, I lived an hour away, but still stayed in the hotel, because lots of fun occurs at night in the bar plus with lots of late night gaming sessions. We didn't allow day visitors to Eurocon because of the security issues with lots of valuable gear lying about. You also lose the 'Group Eurocon Spirit' when people only come for a day.

Hi,

the limit "30" is just because more people will probably break the "spirit".

During the trade show (and even the screening possibly) "normal" people are allowed - but the main thing is the con and this will be privat - people meet a weekand and share some cool time ...

This time it will be a little bit different, we know - much more public (trade show, Tron), but I think it will be much more fun to participate the whole weekend than just take a visit one day - RetroGames can be visited everytime, but EuroCon 2003 ist a one-time-event ;-)

By the way ... there are some places left yet ;-)

Lenno

• 4 weeks later...

Hello to everyone,

Sorry, but we had to change the date for the Eurocon 2003 in Karlsruhe, Germany, because of problems with the room booking for the tradeshow.

The new date is September 27th to September 28th 2003!

The "8-bit-sell-and-trade show" will be on Saturday 27th from 10:00 to 16:00 in the GoTEC - there will be enough room for all to sell and trade their stuff. Every attendee will get a place of ca. 70x110 m to trade (depends on the tables, witch are on planning yet)

We are still in research for the right place to screen the movie TRON, and I am in contact with a nice theatre. I even have organised the "TRON" arcade-board (unfortunately not the dedicated machine) - so it will sure be a cool event (Eventually we have to as some of you to bring some TRON-Games with you - but REZ will work too.)

The limit for 30 people is not fix - if really more people are interested, we will find a way! Please send us a short mail, if you are interested.

The costs for all attendees will be around 50 Euro each (including Room for meeting, Trade Show, Movie, Eating and Soft drinks) - bur we are still calculating.

We will ask you by the end of July for a fixed commitment.

Lenno (Jörg Lennhof)

TheJek (Jens Kloepfel)

Answers to: info@eurocon2003.de

post-1970-1057085866_thumb.jpg

Hi there!

The "8-bit-sell-and-trade show" will be on Saturday 27th from 10:00 to 16:00 in the GoTEC - there will be enough room for all to sell and trade their stuff. Every attendee will get a place of ca. 70x110 m to trade (depends on the tables, witch are on planning yet)

Are tables available for free?

Greetings,

Manuel

Archived