IGNORED

Another Update to my Game

Reverend Jared

In this game you play as the Hero, you must fight the evil rabbit who is known as Roggop. Roggop has taken and used the Magic Carrot to plunge the world into insanity. You must try to steal back the Magic Carrot without Roggop getting to you, Roggop though evil, is just a poor little bunny, and as such will be to afraid to move when you move, but beware if you decide to stand still. If he catches you standing still twice, you have to restart. Each time you get to the Magic Carrot you gain 5 points, after you get the carrot five times you get a one hundred point bonus, after that it takes ten times to the carrot to get the bonus, then fifteen, and so on and so forth. This is my first time ever coding an atari game, so any tips and criticism will be welcomed, this also is not the final product.

Since my last update I've added a maze leading to the room where Roggop and the carrot are. I've also updated some of the physics to make it a nicer experience.

I just updated it again, I've added smoother transitions and physics, along with lengthening the maze and adding diagonal movement.

default.bas.bin New

default.bas.bin Old

Edited by Reverend Jared

A few suggestions :

--allow for diagonal movement

-- you have the player being able to cross the play field-- probably should be an obstacle

-- seems like collision detection with the carrot does not always register ??

--- the carrot stays as an artifact on the screen even after the carrot screen

---- why not make the Roggop graphic a little better ?

--- why does the score start out as 2?

--- the maze is easily memorized, so while nice from a technical standpoint, it does little for gameplay without enemies/ obstacles

--- add a reset feature . makes playing it easier

• Like 1

A few suggestions :

--allow for diagonal movement

-- you have the player being able to cross the play field-- probably should be an obstacle

-- seems like collision detection with the carrot does not always register ??

--- the carrot stays as an artifact on the screen even after the carrot screen

---- why not make the Roggop graphic a little better ?

--- why does the score start out as 2?

--- the maze is easily memorized, so while nice from a technical standpoint, it does little for gameplay without enemies/ obstacles

--- add a reset feature . makes playing it easier

default.bas.bin

I've fixed several of the problems pointed out in your reply. Not all of them have been fixed, but the majority have. I hope you enjoy.