IGNORED

Southeast gaming "convention", anyone interested.

Brandver3

I'm currentlly thinking about having a classic gaming convention in Jacksonville Fl, since there is never anything like that around the south (FL, GA, AL, NC, SC).

Right now I'm just trying to gauge responses and interest. Just let me know if its something you would like to attend or what have you.

I have just expressed interest (in the Events forum) in having such an event in Atlanta... but Jacksonville would work for me. Anywhere where I could conceivably drive there, spend a few hours (at least), and drive back in the same day... if absolutely necessary.

Just be sure to involve classic gaming too!

If I do it, the event will be sometime after the CGE. That gives me time to plan and what have you. Its more then likely going to be held at a hotel, since I have an apartment and I don't know anyone who has enough room for something like this.

If it's a big show I would drive from Tampa to Jacksonville. I've spoken with some flea market vendors and collectors around Tampa and they are also trying to work out some event either in Tampa or Orlando. I don't know how close they are to making it happen but I think they were trying to involve Mr. Activision Todd Rogers who lives in Tampa so it may go down.

I'll be going to either one or both! However, you all should get together and combine it. Either location is good. Orlanda or Tampa will draw from South Florida more, but Jacksonville might get people from Georgia and even other Southern states. A buy/trade/swap meet with an arcade -- can't wait!

Archived