IGNORED

Robotron 2084 stupidity

atari2600land

Definitely get the 7800 coupler! The home brew T:ME Salvo also worth getting, available at Atari Age store.

3D Priinted 7800 Twinstick Couplers - http://atariage.com/forums/topic/274385-atari-5200-joystick-coupler/?do=findComment&comment=3936766

post-24138-0-35475800-1516570168.jpg

I have both styles, really adds to the twinstick capability. The 7800 sticks work surprisingly well when in the coupler. No more hand cramps!

post-27490-0-89455000-1517108617.jpg

Edited by CRTGAMER
  • Like 1

Definitely get the 7800 coupler! The home brew Salvo also worth getting, available at Atari Age store.

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/274385-atari-5200-joystick-coupler/?do=findComment&comment=3936766

post-24138-0-35475800-1516570168.jpg

I have both styles, really adds to the twinstick capability. The 7800 sticks work surprisingly well when in the coupler. No more hand cramps!

post-27490-0-89455000-1517108617.jpg

Who can I buy this from? My son could use one of these.

sramirez2008

"Who can I buy this from? My son could use one of these."

You can buy CX-24, CX-40 and CX-52 couplers from amiman99.

For this thread, check pages 1 and 2 for CX-52 coupler info and pics, page 2 and 3 for CX-24 coupler info and pics and page 4 for CX-40 info and pic.

Or you could just message amiman99. I have a CX-24 and CX 52 coupler from him; the couplers are well made, durable/strong and comfortable.

Fans of Robotron 2084 have any of you all seen/tried/played A8 Blaster?

Not as detailed as arcade Blaster by Williams but an amazing A8 shooter, unreleased and identified as a prototype, it seems complete although reduced in scope, some enemies and levels from arcade version are not present. Kind of hard to determine if anything is missing due to the fact A8 Blaster was programmed/made before the arcade version. Regardless it is a great A8 game, a longtime missing gem and an amazing 8 bit shooter.

Attached car. file version of A8 Blaster is XL/XE compatible; original needs OS-B, this does not.

Blaster.car.zip

Edited by Fingolfin

• 1 month later...

I know it sounds crazy to spend that much money on a controller for one game. IMO it is worth it for ROBOTRON 2084 on the 7800. You can also us it as a single player controller or less convenient use it for 2 player games also.

You can also rig one up pretty easily. You can always try clamping them to a piece of wood if you happen to already have clamps of some sort.

Hmm. I was thinking that perhaps a port of Lost Tomb for the 7800 would work. It seems like an unofficial sequel to Berzerk / Frenzy and was a two stick + one button game in the arcade...

I wonder if it could be extrapolated from PmP's Frenzy homebrew.

You can also rig one up pretty easily. You can always try clamping them to a piece of wood if you happen to already have clamps of some sort.

You can get a 6"x1" plank, saw off about a foot, spray paint it black (optional), drill four holes per controller using a 3/16" to 1/4" bit, and run zip ties to secure the controllers to the wood. It won't look pretty but it would be functional I'm sure...