IGNORED

Armiga questions?

thetick1

I just have a few questions as I'm looking to get an Armiga instead of blowing a few grand on an older Amiga with Vampire board.

1) Is anyone in the US using an Armiga?

2) Is anyone using a simple EU to US Travel power plug converter as the FAQ states just need Travel Charger EU to US Plug Adapter. I just would like to confirm.

3) Will the 720p 50Hz HDMI work with most US TVs and or monitors as I believe most US TV and monitor video is 60Hz ?

4) Any other compatibility issues I should know about ?

5) Any comments on the emulation quality as reviews I have seen mixed reviews.

Edited by thetick1

I just have a few questions as I'm looking to get an Armiga instead of blowing a few grand on an older Amiga with Vampire board.

1) Is anyone in the US using an Armiga?

2) Is anyone using a simple EU to US Travel power plug converter as the FAQ states just need Travel Charger EU to US Plug Adapter. I just would like to confirm.

3) Will the 720p 50Hz HDMI work with most US TVs and or monitors as I believe most US TV and monitor video is 60Hz ?

4) Any other compatibility issues I should know about ?

5) Any comments on the emulation quality as reviews I have seen mixed reviews.

Well, in case you change your mind, you can always get an Amiga 500 for cheap.

E.g.)

- Amiga 500

- Extra 512K RAM

- 8372A Blitter (easy to replace the old one with this and then you'll have the choice of NTSC or PAL)

- Commodore 1084 monitor (or Magnavox 8CM515). Both monitors work in NTSC/PAL 60/50Hz.

- Commodore Amiga power supply for whatever region you're in (both the 50 and 60Hz versions will work on any A500).

- Actual Amiga mouse or one of the adapters on ebay that let you use PC optical mice on Amiga computers.

As for emulation, it's okay for some stuff. I still find it a bit choppy at times.

Tip: If you get a real Amiga, make sure you don't plug anything into the serial or parallel ports while it's powered on.

• Like 1

So do all the hardware cores work smooth with MIST or are most still pretty glitchy ? I'm mostly in the Amiga cores but I'm sure I would dabble a bit with those cores.

I currently only run the Amiga and it seems pretty good, I like the fact that I can use a REAL Amiga Joystick and Mouse on the system. I will someday get around to trying the NEC TG16/Duo Core, but I bought it for a quick ease way to play Amiga Games with a VGA Monitor, and it does that well.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I have to admit I've been considering a non-floppy drive Armiga. The reviews I've seen have been good and I really only have interest in the games anyway.

Did you ever get one of these Armigas? I went to look at the Armiga site out of interest and it looks like they were victims of their own success and stopped making them rather than not keep up with demand, so I won't appear to be getting one.

Did you ever get one of these Armigas? I went to look at the Armiga site out of interest and it looks like they were victims of their own success and stopped making them rather than not keep up with demand, so I won't appear to be getting one.

I did not. I decided there were too many potential trade-offs for what was ultimately on offer. I will keep my eyes out for alternative solutions (I have a Dreamcade Replay coming, for instance).

• Like 1

I did not. I decided there were too many potential trade-offs for what was ultimately on offer. I will keep my eyes out for alternative solutions (I have a Dreamcade Replay coming, for instance).

You'll have to let us know what included emulators it has. From lists I've seen, it looks like they may include each MAME arcade game separately plus a few emulators to get to "over two dozen systems out of the box."