IGNORED

Lava Lamps & 8-Track Theatre: The Video Game for Atari 7800

GameGirl420

Okay, let me chime in here for a moment. First, I think I need to reiterate something I said the other day ...

The game is lushgirl_80's creative work, and she is not representing it as anything other than what it is. The people who don't like it have had their say, and I think that's enough. Let's respect other members' Marketplace threads.

I would add that, if someone wants to offer input on someone else's creative work, they should do so as dispassionately as possible and should critique the art and not the artist, which I think the last few posts have succeeded in doing. I also think that, when criticisms are offered in this way, the person on the receiving end should do their best to respond in the same spirit, without interpreting it as a personal attack.

• Like 5

There are great games out there,classics even,with much worse label art than mine...

Mega Man 1 for the NES for example.

I can imagine some uptight nerd hatefully writing letters to Capcom now and asking them to change it. Haha,it's actually kinda funny.

I'll rub it in and say I'm not ever gonna change it. I'll leave it be so it annoys the few pundit trolls chiming in. And yea that's an anime drawing of me flipping the bird in British. That goes out to all the hataz here :P

Actually the artwork and concept of my game is based on my webcomic,that is based on my radio show....

lavalampsand8tracktheatre.thecomicstrip.org/

I just sold a game just now and the person who bought it says he loves my art on the label!!! :D :thumbsup: :P :love: :lolblue: :rolling:

Anyways I'm definitely in a great mood now. Thanks to those who bought my game here,thank you. It's kinda sad tho that some are a tad disappointed of the label art,but that's cool I respect your opinions.

To say you hate my artwork is a bit strong though...that's not very nice,and if you hate it that bad you wouldn't have bought it in the first place!

Haha tough crowd in here though... It's nice to be passionate about games,but when it gets to trying to insult someone personally that's just lame. Altering my artwork without my permission and without any real love to it IS an insult. You gotta be smoking crack if you think so in so's rendition of my label was any good,he butchered it up!!!! No respect for my radio show logo,etc... Hell nah.... Anyways I'm really happy now thanks!!!!!!!!!!!

I seem to recall watching a certain fan-made mini-series of StarTrek not long ago. And out of necessity they used a lot of green-screen & chroma keying in the production. And a lot of tight-in shots which didn't show much background activity. Some of the shots and cgi were even done in near VGA resolution. It was a certain style they seem to have maintained throughout the production. It didn't evolve or change much. I rather got to like it after the first couple of episodes and soon focused entirely on the storyline. The production techniques were merely a conduit. A literary delivery truck.

Several years later (today) I remember the flavor and atmosphere of the whole production and made it a point to re-watch it all. That Trek could work this way was interesting in and of itself.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm flattered people on the Atari 7800 Facebook group have been asking me to sign the carts! :)

And today someone from Japan bought my game. They understand the anime vibe...

38480006_10214788456723735_6900975691106

Get a copy while supplies last!! This is a cart that's history in the making.

• 4 months later...

I own one these games and rather enjoy it. Also I think the artwork is just fine, the game play is pretty good as well. As for as someone saying people would rather the artwork be better than the game play are you serious ? I have been a classic gamer since the beginning of ATARI & INTELLIVISION and even though some artwork is better than others I much rather have great game play and that is why I prefer the Intellivision & the 7800 over the 2600 because most 2600 games do have great artwork but most original 2600 games suck to play. Do not get me wrong there are some great classics on the 2600 like Frogger, Qbert, Popeye, and most games made by Activision and Imagic but the ones made by Atari itself not so many good ones there. so now attack my post attack my handle (which is original and not stolen from a TV show or cartoon like some people on here ) I really do not care because this is my opinion and I have stated it and now goodbye again.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I own one these games and rather enjoy it. Also I think the artwork is just fine, the game play is pretty good as well. As for as someone saying people would rather the artwork be better than the game play are you serious ? I have been a classic gamer since the beginning of ATARI & INTELLIVISION and even though some artwork is better than others I much rather have great game play and that is why I prefer the Intellivision & the 7800 over the 2600 because most 2600 games do have great artwork but most original 2600 games suck to play. Do not get me wrong there are some great classics on the 2600 like Frogger, Qbert, Popeye, and most games made by Activision and Imagic but the ones made by Atari itself not so many good ones there. so now attack my post attack my handle (which is original and not stolen from a TV show or cartoon like some people on here ) I really do not care because this is my opinion and I have stated it and now goodbye again.

Haha thanks for your thoughts! And thanks for purchasing the game!! :) :)

Finally an honest answer and not a trolling one. I figured some people are super jealous of my game,but screw em. I didn't come here to argue dammit,I'm here to have fun. I don't really care if anyone thinks of it negatively whatever,just don't troll on me here. It's been nice to hear people who have been buying my game have been really enjoying it though,and I guess that's all that matters. I honestly do not think my art is bad,and again if anybody doesn't like it? Well screw em and find something else that you like better then. Whenever something gets popular,it gets attacked plain and simple. Actually I've been drawing the anime style for many years,and have even released my own comic book last year.

Actually the label art and game is based off of my webcomic that is based on my radio show...

http://lavalampsand8tracktheatre.thecomicstrip.org/comics/first/

Btw the game has been back up for sale too! The last batch sold very quick and our auction is getting so many views an hour...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Lava-Lamps-8-Track-Theatre-The-Video-Game-for-the-Atari-7800/173748912212

We've sold plenty of copies so far lol. Some people even telling me it's the best 7800 game they've played in a longtime.

Okay, let me chime in here for a moment. First, I think I need to reiterate something I said the other day ...

I would add that, if someone wants to offer input on someone else's creative work, they should do so as dispassionately as possible and should critique the art and not the artist, which I think the last few posts have succeeded in doing. I also think that, when criticisms are offered in this way, the person on the receiving end should do their best to respond in the same spirit, without interpreting it as a personal attack.

Felt I had to respond to this. Good point Jaybird! but I may add it was a personal attack because their criticism was not "constructive criticism" but rather "destructive". Some people do not know the difference!

Constructive criticism is the process of offering valid and well-reasoned opinions about the work of others, usually involving both positive and negative comments, in a friendly manner rather than an oppositional one.

Just wondering why some posters here need to be unfriendly and oppositional towards me instead of being friendly. I've done nuthin' to you!!! I'm all about love and havin fun here not arguing and feeling the arrogant need to attack someone else's pride. You got nothin friendly to say or react then back the f-ck off this thread. Naysayers ain't sh-t compared to my game btw haha! Sorry to dig this up again but felt I had to express this. If you knew me in real life you'd know I'm cool. My heart is open to be anyone's friend. That being said I do forgive some of the trolls who have chimed in,but they are not welcome on this thread.

Anyways I also wanted to bump this because there's gonna be a sequel on NES! :) :) This time I am designing it mostly myself. And there's gonna be versions for the Vectrex and 5200,thanks.

Drama queen, label sucks, bottom line. That is constructive and also a personal opinion, are we not allowed to have those anymore, either?

I am sure you will have a much better label, next time, because you like constructive criticism. ;)

• Like 7