IGNORED

Beg email sent to Naughty Dog for Uncharted Golden Abyss on Switch

Rick Dangerous

I sent this to Naughty Dog today:

Hello Team,

I am a long time fan of your games, and was recently re-playing Uncharted Golden Abyss on my Vita. I’ve owned every PlayStation since the original, as well as every Nintendo since the original. I think the systems are often very complimentary, and occupy separate niches in the videogame world.

Why not port Golden Abyss to the Switch? Here is why it would be a win-win for you and Sony. The game, which is amazing, only saw so much exposure on the Vita. If you ported it to the switch, which could handle it, and wouldn’t be THAT much work, it would sell several million copies (good for business) AND, it would turn people on the series and be a system seller for the PS4. I guarantee you people who own a switch already would buy it, and it would lead to significant additional PS4 sales. People with PS4’s won’t be buying the Switch just to play the game as they have 5 uncharted games to play already. In fact if it was released for Switch it could eventually be PS4 ready as well. It HAS to be released on cartridge first, then digital later for those who want it.

Thank you, and you’re welcome ?

-Rick V

This it has a snowballs chance in hell? :)

Well....the way I look at it is...Uncharted Golden Abyss sold what, 1.62 Million copies on Vita?

Why sit on a game that could sell another 1-4 million on Switch? It's good business for them and if anything would sell more PS4's as it builds people's interest in the franchise.

Oh well...maybe it was.

Well....the way I look at it is...Uncharted Golden Abyss sold what, 1.62 Million copies on Vita?

Why sit on a game that could sell another 1-4 million on Switch? It's good business for them and if anything would sell more PS4's as it builds people's interest in the franchise.

Oh well...maybe it was.

Sony doesn't make games to make money. Sony makes games to sell hardware. The real money is in having a large userbase. All those PS+ subscriptions, they get a cut of everything sold in the store. Probably get a cut of all physical games too.

I think it would be a real gaming business coup for Sony.

They'd make a bundle selling the game, and it WOULD sell hardware for them also because the series is so awesome. They are so far ahead on this console generation I don't really see the harm in it, whereas Nintendo is playing catch-up and will be for most of this gen, which is why you won't see Nintendo IP on Sony anytime soon.

But still, Nathan drake isn't Mario, Sonic, or Crash. He's a rugged stubble here and there are plenty of those games. It's not like "random dude antihero" is so iconic that he couldn't possibly be on any system besides Sony. I look at these games as like a Resident Evil or Tomb Raider type franchise. Potentially at home on any system really.

But still, Nathan drake isn't Mario, Sonic, or Crash. He's a rugged stubble here and there are plenty of those games. It's not like "random dude antihero" is so iconic that he couldn't possibly be on any system besides Sony. I look at these games as like a Resident Evil or Tomb Raider type franchise. Potentially at home on any system really.

This makes absolutely no sense at all. :?

No, just No. You don't put one of your stand out franchises on competitors' hardware.

Uncharted is one of Sony's biggest well known exclusive series, along with God of War. If anything your email should have been asking for Golden Abyss on PS4.

If you really did send that email and someone reads it they're going to think You're either trolling or out of your gourd.

Edited by keepdreamin