IGNORED

The Official PS Vita Thread!

What are the "must have" Limited Run Games releases? Those seem to be not too too pricey right now on the used market all things considered.

If you like platformers then you have to get Xeodrifter. I love that game enough to finish it and will revisit it again.

Not LRG but Cursed Castilla is awesome too

This has been brought up before and it was a false rumor. Let's see if this one is real.

Did the previous false rumors give specific dates? Seems legit to me. Given how hard it is to find a physical vita game in stores as it is, especially one that isn't just a shovelware title to begin with, I can see them finally axing it. Although they do explicitly say it's just for physical cards. If anyone happens to still have space on their tiny memory cards, digital releases will still be coming out afterwards. (Although glimpsing amazon, looks like the prices for the tiny memory cards hasn't come down an inch in all these years.)

After getting a PS4 on sale not too long ago I picked up a Hori Vita grip that has physical buttons to push the back touch screen. It's great for the remote play games that use the back touch pad. The ones that use the front touch pad are just confusing. I'm not sure who plays that way and thinks "Yeah, this is a good idea.".

While I'm not fond of the idea that getting a third party hunk of plastic is required to enjoy a console more, I can't argue with the results.

• 2 weeks later...

Noticed Stardew Valley in the PS Store last night. You would think that would be a good candidate for a release through LRG. Anyone have any thoughts on if that will happen or not?

They said that they have some big Vita games coming. Maybe this is one of them. Have you checked out Play Asia's releases? Its possible they might pick it up too

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I play Vita games on the PSTV, but same thing.

The game I've played the absolute most is Super Robot Wars V, with 5 complete playthrus so far. I LOVE IT!

Currently I'm working on a second playthru of Super Robot Wars X. It's good, or else I wouldn't be on a second playthru, but V is the better game by far.

I also spent a lot of time with Hyperdevotion Noire: Goddess Black Heart. It's the only Neptunia style game I've completed, due to the fact that it's a TRPG and even as grindy as it is, it's not as grindy as the main series games.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Dumb question time. My daughter is away at college and misses her ps4. If I get her a ps vita, how does remote play work? Can she turn the ps4 on from college or do I need to leave it on at home. Do I need the disc of the game she wants to play loaded in the console or do I download the entire game to the ps4? I am thinking of getting the newer vita so it can use the micro use charger.

Remote play is possible but given the availability of the Vita these days and the situation I think she probably just wants a PS4 in her dorm room. You won't save much if anything getting a Vita and it's not a replacement for a full on console like a PS4. It can be for some people, but maybe not in the mind of a young college student who misses her PS4 :)

Remote play works really well if you have a fast connection at both locations. You can turn the PS4 on/off from the Vita, but you need to activate 'Stay connected to the internet' and 'turn on PS4 from network' in the PS4 power settings. When it's 'off', the PS4 will use more power than normal standby mode if these settings are enabled. The Vita can shut down the PS4 remotely from the PS4 menu. If you're playing a game that you own as a physical disc, the disc needs to be in the drive while playing remotely... same as if you were playing on the PS4 directly. You'd also need a Vita grip with L2/R2 triggers if you're playing any PS4 games that use L2/R2.

Whether it's better to have her own PS4 and TV in the dorm room depends on personal preference/dorm situation. But, Vita remote play is definitely a reasonable option if you want portable PS4 gaming. And, she'd be able to play Vita exclusives and cross-buy games directly on the Vita as well.