IGNORED

The Official PS Vita Thread!

Is something bad about to happen to the Vita storefront?

Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night has been cancelled for the platform and part of the reason is the ending of Vita cartridge production, but also unspecified discontinuances of some aspects of the Playstation Store (I'm paraphrasing what Igarashi said in the translated captioning on the video that was released the other day, but the gist of it was what I said).

I was only aware of the freebies for Playstation Plus subscribers were going to switch to all PS4 content next year, which hardly seems reason to not release a few Vita game digitally on the Playstation Store. Is something more happening?

Edited by Atariboy

Is something bad about to happen to the Vita storefront?

Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night has been cancelled for the platform and part of the reason is the ending of Vita cartridge production, but also unspecified discontinuances of some aspects of the Playstation Store (I'm paraphrasing what Igarashi said in the translated captioning on the video that was released the other day, but the gist of it was what I said).

I was only aware of the freebies for Playstation Plus subscribers were going to switch to all PS4 content next year, which hardly seems reason to not release a few Vita game digitally on the Playstation Store. Is something more happening?

Dont get me started on the Bloodstained bs. Someone noticed a year ago that the dev team porting the game took it off their profile. Thus indicating that the Bloodstained team strung us along for atleast that long. Im trying to get a full refund. Atleast we got the 8bit game which is going to be better anyways.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone have any idea how much a used OLED Vita might go for in Japan these days?

I know a bit of a random question. But I'm making a trip over there next month and after reading this thread I'm thinking of picking up a replacement for my ever so slightly scratched up OLED model, if they're cheap enough.

Also, they're region free, right?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Anyone have any idea how much a used OLED Vita might go for in Japan these days?

I know a bit of a random question. But I'm making a trip over there next month and after reading this thread I'm thinking of picking up a replacement for my ever so slightly scratched up OLED model, if they're cheap enough.

Also, they're region free, right?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

The Vita is region free

Have you guys been paying attention to the price of the Playstation TV on auction sites? Good grief, when did these get so expensive? They went from paperweights to priceless heirlooms in just a couple of years! I think Sony might have its own Virtual Boy at this rate.

I noticed a few days ago and was shocked by how much they went up in price. They went from $20 to well over a $100. It must be from new recent hacks

• 2 weeks later...

I noticed a few days ago and was shocked by how much they went up in price. They went from $20 to well over a $100. It must be from new recent hacks

I think gamers are finally becoming aware of what the PS-TV is. It was so poorly promoted that I didn't know it even existed, and even then I thought it was some kind of Netflix box for Sony's video service. I had no idea it was a game box until after I had purchased a PS Vita. Then even if one does realize the PS-TV is a Vita system, the Vita had a long reputation for games being cack.

But once you realize that the library is so much better than anyone gives it credit for, and the system lets you play Vita, PSP, and PS1 games on your TV with a tiny footprint then it starts showing it's worth quickly. It's also worth noting that it's a tremendous RPG system, a genre well known for fans who aren't shy about throwing money around. And all this is before someone hacks it.

It's a fantastic box. I had always intended to get another or two, but now I guess I'm too late.

• Like 2

Just a heads up here. Limited Run is releasing Another World next week. Im super excited for this one

Holy crap!! I almost bought the digital copy of that this week because I never thought they would release it for vita. That is a MUST BUY for me. Thanks for the heads up!!

I couldn't find anything about it? Link?

Edited by travistouchdown
  • Like 1

Holy crap!! I almost bought the digital copy of that this week because I never thought they would release it for vita. That is a MUST BUY for me. Thanks for the heads up!!

I couldn't find anything about it? Link?

https://mobile.twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/1043149138748170240

https://limitedrungames.com/products/limited-run-177-another-world-vita

This was posted on their forums today. Good thing you held off on the digital!

It's up, and on PS4 as well! Thrilled!

Interesting that this is available digitally on Switch but no LRG release on that platform.

I wonder if LRG bought the remaining stock of Vita carts or are they still making them in Asia?

Companies have till early 2019 to get their games for the North American market. So they still have some time left. After that it will probably be up to Playasia for physical games.

Another World sold out with it in my cart today when I was trying to check out. This is why i much prefer the "pre-order" method they do for switch games. Oh well, may snag it on ebay someday if the price is reasonable. Keeping fingers crossed for a Switch release as well which would nicely cover my bases.

Edit: looks like more are available at 6pm. Not sure why they split them up like this but.....will be on it at that time to try and snag one.

Edited by travistouchdown

Another World sold out with it in my cart today when I was trying to check out. This is why i much prefer the "pre-order" method they do for switch games. Oh well, may snag it on ebay someday if the price is reasonable. Keeping fingers crossed for a Switch release as well which would nicely cover my bases.

Edit: looks like more are available at 6pm. Not sure why they split them up like this but.....will be on it at that time to try and snag one.

I got one. You have to be ready right when they go up for sale. The second batch always go slower so you should be able to get one no problem.

• Like 1

I managed to get my preorder in for the Vita copy of Another World as well! I already had a digital download of it from PSN, but I much prefer having a physical copy, especially of a classic like this. It will also help me free up some space on the memory card, which is always a good thing. Ive got the 64gb card but its amazing how fast it fills up. So Ive been trying to track down physical copies of games whenever possible for this very purpose. Curse Sony and their damn proprietary memory card formats!

• Like 1