IGNORED

The Official PS Vita Thread!

Yeah i'll grab Flashback Classics and Metal Slug 3 for sure (though i wish it was the anthology..)

In other news, i was playing RE Revelations 2 last night and decided to end the night with a little TV. Neither HULU nor Netflix is supported on the Vita anymore? What the heck? They pulled the plug on that real quick....ridiculous.

Yeah i'll grab Flashback Classics and Metal Slug 3 for sure (though i wish it was the anthology..)

In other news, i was playing RE Revelations 2 last night and decided to end the night with a little TV. Neither HULU nor Netflix is supported on the Vita anymore? What the heck? They pulled the plug on that real quick....ridiculous.

Youtube is the same, I think.

• 4 weeks later...

Atari Flashback Classics is on the digital store, but I guess you're looking for a physical release? If it ever comes out, I guess that's going to be rare and hard to find. 

There's a new Vita firmware out now. Supposedly it closes all the exploits used to jailbreak the device, but a new exploit chain is on the way. 

I can't be arsed to haul out my Vita, not to update it, not to hack it while I can, and not to play it. I'm definitely getting older or something. Weird. 

Yeah, I'm talking about the physical release that got announced. It was part of the final big reveal of Vita releases during E3 for Limited Run Games and had a July release window.

https://limitedrungames.com/blogs/news/lrg-e3-2019

So it's coming, but apparently has slipped a bit.

Edited by Atariboy

On 7/28/2019 at 12:20 AM, Atariboy said:

Yeah, I'm talking about the physical release that got announced. It was part of the final big reveal of Vita releases during E3 for Limited Run Games and had a July release window.

https://limitedrungames.com/blogs/news/lrg-e3-2019

So it's coming, but apparently has slipped a bit.

It's going on sale this Friday (Aug 2).

• Thanks 2

Thanks for letting me know. Limited Run Games sends out release announcements frequently in e-mail, but hasn't yet said anything on this one. So I could've ended up missing it.

Any idea if it's $25 or $30? LRG seems to have two price points for their normal Vita releases without added extras like making of videos (Although in the case of this collection, that would've been a DVD I'd actually watch). But I'm not seeing a price mentioned on their website or Facebook page yet. 

Going to get it either way so it doesn't really matter, but always up for saving $5. 

Edited by Atariboy

Hope it doesn't push it past $30, but they're including some extra trinkets with it apparently.

"This Friday, you can pick up this Atari Flashback Classics Deluxe Bundle for the Vita at 10am & 6pm EDT on the site. Each bundle includes a copy of the game, an Atari cart replica box, and eight collectible trading cards!"

EAvugwYX4AACXl2.jpg

Judging by Twitter comments, it might be $45. I think that's a bit too rich for my blood when I own all three on the PS4. So I hope there's a game only option.

Edited by Atariboy

4 minutes ago, Gamemoose said:

Atari Classics sold out in 3 minutes. I was in the process of ordering at 9 AM cst, hit the final hutton and poof!

Damn...

I tried unsuccessfully to get one as well.

If you get the opportunity, try again in the second batch in about eight hours.

I got lucky thanks to having it in my cart which seems to have temporarily reserved my spot. My initial payment attempt failed but the second attempt somehow went through even though I must've been pushing 60 seconds after it went live. So one of the $30 standard edition copies is mine. :)

Hopefully you guys can get one tonight. 

Edited by Atariboy

8 hours ago, Atariboy said:

I got lucky thanks to having it in my cart which seems to have temporarily reserved my spot. My initial payment attempt failed but the second attempt somehow went through even though I must've been pushing 60 seconds after it went live. So one of the $30 standard edition copies is mine. :)

Hopefully you guys can get one tonight. 

Nope...i got a work call right at the turn of the hour. Oh well.

• 2 weeks later...

Atari Flashback Classics arrived yesterday and I just spent a few minutes with it. I can happily confirm that it's Playstation TV compatible just as the digital version was (That hasn't always been the case with the Vita).

And everything looks good despite the reduced resolution, including the vector games on my display. About all that really stands out is the lack of sharpness with the artwork of the arcade games at the game selection screen compared to the PS4 releases. 

One disappointment though happened when I tried to access the leaderboards. What's on cartridge is the release state of the game and there were 4 or 5 patches that are downloading now. Would've been nice to have had the fully patched version on cartridge. 

Only complaint about the game itself after my brief look at the Vita version is that turning off borders appeared to stretch games to about halfway between 4:3 and 16:9, which one of these patches might change (I like the bezel artwork though). And the sensitivity of Red Baron is still cranked up too high for my taste, which just like the console versions and Atari Vault is easily rectified in the control settings.

And I don't think I realized until now just how tighter of an analog stick that the Dual Shock 4 has. The Dual Shock 3 is really loose feeling by comparison, which perhaps will make holding a steady direction in the arcade racing games a bit of a challenge. The looser stick felt like a good match for Indy 500 for the 2600 though with its reduced number of steering directions.  

Edited by Atariboy
  • Like 1