IGNORED

The Official PS Vita Thread!

1 hour ago, Punisher5.0 said:

Awesome Pea Collection is back on sale at Playasia. Only 1200 were made and I think these were the extras so they should go pretty quick. I played a demo of this on Switch and really enjoyed it. Its very much an OG Gameboy game.

https://www.play-asia.com/awesome-pea-collection-limited-edition/13/70dna1

Thanks! I still can't believe I missed out on Nicole.

3 hours ago, Punisher5.0 said:

You are welcome. Yep I did the same with Nicole and now its $85 on Ebay :(

Yeah, I had to bite the bullet and get a copy off of an eBay scalper seller. While I'm angered that a small number of people are snapping up large numbers of the allotments for a quick resale on auction sites, I'm heartened that a few brick-and-mortars still have limited releases and are offering pre-orders for decent prices. I've been buying from Video Games Plus, which is a great source for Canadians looking for these titles.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

It seems that after about 8 years of use, my 64GB memory card is finally dying. As I was typing that sentence, my screen just turned on and said the memory card was removed. Over the past few weeks, it sometimes has stopped letting me open games, sometimes it won't let me save games, and now I get an error every time I try to download stuff from the PSN store. I am glad I backed up everything so I won't lose anything, but it's still annoying. I am glad I have my old 32GB card, but I have way more than 32GB of games to put on it. Not sure what to do now, although I suppose I can hack it and use one of those SD converter things.

7 hours ago, Steven Pendleton said:

It seems that after about 8 years of use, my 64GB memory card is finally dying. As I was typing that sentence, my screen just turned on and said the memory card was removed. Over the past few weeks, it sometimes has stopped letting me open games, sometimes it won't let me save games, and now I get an error every time I try to download stuff from the PSN store. I am glad I backed up everything so I won't lose anything, but it's still annoying. I am glad I have my old 32GB card, but I have way more than 32GB of games to put on it. Not sure what to do now, although I suppose I can hack it and use one of those SD converter things.

Consider yourself lucky that a 64 gig lasted that long. They are notorious for being unreliable. The saying with Vita memory cards is the bigger they are the less reliable. I've had 2 Vita cards die on me after a few years of use. 

9 hours ago, Punisher5.0 said:

Consider yourself lucky that a 64 gig lasted that long. They are notorious for being unreliable. The saying with Vita memory cards is the bigger they are the less reliable. I've had 2 Vita cards die on me after a few years of use. 

Yeah, I am quite surprised that it lasted for 8 years. I remember that people started having problems with the 64GB card not long after they were available. Hopefully my 32GB card, whenever I get around to transferring everything from my PC, doesn't decide to die. I think I gave my 16GB card to my friend when he bought his Vita since I didn't need that card. Now new Vita memory cards are quite expensive and I don't exactly trust used ones or new ones now. Looks like used 16GB cards are pretty cheap, though. Hopefully I don't end up having to buy 5 of those to fit all of my games.

27 minutes ago, jgkspsx said:

How do you back it up?

With a PC and the Content Manager thingy

Actually, as a bit of an update, it's letting me save in Amagami again now, but I have not tried other games. Can't download anything from PSN, though. Still, Amagami is working fine and that's what I want to play right now, so I think I will continue to play the game while making a backup every day or so until I either finish the game or the memory card completely fails.

Edited by Steven Pendleton
  • Like 1

I bought a Vita 2016ish to do one thing, play my PS4 from hotels and the office. It totally failed at that task, if I connect to my home wifi or another home wifi it works great, but every commercial/public type I tried would not support remote play which nullified the value for me. I shelved it and have not had time to go back and take a new approach at it. Are there any major improvements or is it still a dead end and I should just ebay this thing?

For anyone interested, Limited Run is releasing a Vita cart for Super Meat Boy on Friday at 10am EST. Quantities are limited to only 1000 so they’re sure to go fast. I’ve never played this game but it looks fun. I thought that physical Vita releases had finally come to a stop so I might try to snag one. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Scotterpop said:

For anyone interested, Limited Run is releasing a Vita cart for Super Meat Boy on Friday at 10am EST. Quantities are limited to only 1000 so they’re sure to go fast. I’ve never played this game but it looks fun. I thought that physical Vita releases had finally come to a stop so I might try to snag one. 

Finally......they have been sitting on this one for a while. Im surprised I didn't get an email about this

• Like 1

14 hours ago, jgkspsx said:

Okay, stupid newbie question (and I’ve owned a Vita for years). Do you need a specific amperage to charge it when turned on? A special USB cable? Do you need an official charger? I have to power mine off to charge it from a conventional USB charger.

I usually just use my phone charger for both models

• Like 1

On 7/28/2021 at 1:57 AM, Pipercub said:

I bought a Vita 2016ish to do one thing, play my PS4 from hotels and the office. It totally failed at that task, if I connect to my home wifi or another home wifi it works great, but every commercial/public type I tried would not support remote play which nullified the value for me. I shelved it and have not had time to go back and take a new approach at it. Are there any major improvements or is it still a dead end and I should just ebay this thing?

Remote play greatly depends on how you have the PS4 set up, but it also depends greatly on the Vita's connection. I finally got it working about 2 years ago at home after several years of attempting to use it at home without success, but there is still noticeable lag and I still lose the connection entirely at times. I have not tried it outside of my house for a long time. I wouldn't get rid of the system, though, as the Vita is probably the second or third best handheld system ever made.

• Like 1

I forgot to ask before, but has anyone else had their Vita give them a message saying that the system is deactivated and must be activated within the past few days? I did, but I thought it might be related to my dying memory card, but I stopped by the Vita board over on GameFAQs just now and it seems that it's not just me.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Steven Pendleton said:

I forgot to ask before, but has anyone else had their Vita give them a message saying that the system is deactivated and must be activated within the past few days? I did, but I thought it might be related to my dying memory card, but I stopped by the Vita board over on GameFAQs just now and it seems that it's not just me.

Yes, that happened to me a few days ago. I thought it was peculiar, because I had downloaded a game to the system just a few hours earlier, and had no issues downloading or playing it. I didn't know whether the problem was with my system, or a bug in the game I downloaded, or if my PSN account was getting hacked.

Seeing that numerous other users also encountered this issue is somewhat comforting. This leads me to believe it is likely a server-side issue. Hopefully, Sony is able to fix it soon, if they haven't already done so.

• 3 weeks later...

I finally switched to my 32GB memory card today. I really wish that I could have multiple PSN accounts per memory card. I have DLC and stuff on my Japanese PSN account that I wish I could use on my USA (main) account. You can do that on the PS3 and PS4 and I'm assuming the PS5, but not on the Vita. Sadness. I might just go buy a second handheld Vita (I could use my Vita TV if I wanted to, but I kind of don't want to since I value the system as a handheld) and a second memory card so I don't have to factory reset the thing and change memory cards every time I want to change regions. What a pain. Why did you do this this way, Sony? This is definitely one of the most annoying decisions they made with the system.

• 4 months later...

Vita is now 10 years old. Happy birthday, Vita. You're still the second-best handheld ever made. I had to wait for mine to show up in the mail, so I didn't get mine on the 17th in 2011, but I did get it a few days later. It's quite worn now, but I still use it literally every single day since it's my alarm clock and I'll still continue to use it until it completely fails. Next 10 years starts now~

10 minutes ago, Steven Pendleton said:

Vita is now 10 years old. Happy birthday, Vita. You're still the second-best handheld ever made. I had to wait for mine to show up in the mail, so I didn't get mine on the 17th in 2011, but I did get it a few days later. It's quite worn now, but I still use it literally every single day since it's my alarm clock and I'll still continue to use it until it completely fails. Next 10 years starts now~

I don't use it much anymore, but I still have my original one. I've gotten countless handhelds since, including the Switch, Switch OLED, SupaBoy, Evercade, Abernic, etc., and high priced PC gaming handhelds like Aya Neo, GPD Win3, OneXPlayer, etc., and the Vita still comparatively impresses in controls, balance, and screen (It hasn't arrived yet, but hope the Analogue handheld sets a similar high standard). It's a darn shame it didn't take off as it predicted a lot of what would come to pass.

• Like 2