IGNORED

Let's talk gaming chairs(X Rocker, etc)

S1500

I'm at home, so no pics on hand.

I sat in one at a friend's place, and loved it. It was comfy, and I wasn't even gaming. So I sought one out myself. Managed to find a "new" one at Menards. It was billed as Bluetooth for audio. It was $97.

Upon opening, yeah, this was a return. It had hairs on it so it blended in with my dog haired living room. There were extra bolts & such clearly intended for another product. There was clearly marks where the arm rests used to be, on this non-armrest model. A tiny cut here & there was on the vinyl. But in overall great shape.

There was no power supply. For an item that retails for over $200 new, you would think they would toss in a P/S. Nope. Now I gotta to find one around the house as I'm not paying $10 for it. The audio stuff doesn't appeal to me anyway.

This one has a base on it, so I can rock back somewhat. Looks like I can't go baseless as it would tear itself up & the floor.

I initially didn't get one since I associated it with 12 year olds who drink Mountain Dew & trash talk other kids on Call of Duty, but hey, $100 recliney char I otherwise didn't have before. My Papasan from Pier One is long gone, and that was bulky.

But the company doing these gaming chairs seems more disorganized than Atari. The instructions have just assembly, not mentioning how to use the audio setup, bluetooth, etc. There's more helpful videos on YouTube than the company will ever provide. Tons of bad reviews on Amazon. I just wanted a chair that an adult(not a light kid) could sit on & watch movies/game with.

Do you have a gaming chair?

I initially didn't get one since I associated it with 12 year olds who drink Mountain Dew & trash talk other kids on Call of Duty

This is why I have generally avoided them. Plus they look cheap, cheesy, gimmicky, and not overly comfortable... A normal couch or chair will usually do for me, though I do have an 80's Porsche Recaro Chair turned lounge piece which was my dads and is now my main gaming chair. Pics to follow

The only "gaming chair" I ever used or had was the one I made around 1990/1991. It was one of those bent pole single units where it was a metal tube (inch or two in diameter) that was shaped like the number 5, only with the top horizontal line removed. Kinda like this only with a pale green fabric seat and back.

My Dad and I added two more poles on either side if the back so the tops went just over your head. I put a box on there with a car speaker and wire that lead down the chair and to the jack on the TV.

It sounded neat and was way better than the sound on the little TV.

I've got one of these Xrocker chairs I bought on a sale, think it was 80 bucks. I actually use the speaker to play music from my phone during gaming, it works pretty well for that. It's more durable than I first guessed, but also less comfortable over time (that hump at the front of the seat has a hard ass bar underneath it!).

black-x-rocker-media-seating-5127401-64_

I've got one of these Xrocker chairs I bought on a sale, think it was 80 bucks. I actually use the speaker to play music from my phone during gaming, it works pretty well for that. It's more durable than I first guessed, but also less comfortable over time (that hump at the front of the seat has a hard ass bar underneath it!).

As the saying goes, you get what you pay for. Goofy looking things too, haha. I'd be curious to try one just to see how it feels for myself.

I doubt any advertised gaming chair would be anywhere close to a good zero gravity recliner in terms of comfort. Find a way to high mount your display of choice, would probably be the best gaming chair ever.

Given the cost of high quality zero gravity recliners, I have little doubt they are more comfortable in certain scenarios. That said, they're not always well suited for desk use, which is what I use my chair for. Mine is easily movable and it can recline if I want it to (nice bonus, but that's not why I have it).

As the saying goes, you get what you pay for. Goofy looking things too, haha. I'd be curious to try one just to see how it feels for myself.

Hey, in their favor, all the electronics still work and the seat, and stitching, have held up great. But man that front bar kills the legs after a few hours....

I snagged one on clearance for $40 at a Best Buy about 10 years ago using a gift card. It wasn't worth the $$. It was a heavy duty plastic one with a cushioned cover and looked like a stubby rocker more than a chair. Needly to say it sucked hard. i can't tell you how many time people fell backwards in that POS.