IGNORED

Bittboy handheld games list and description ?

thetick1

Today I got my Blue Bittboy for $25.99 at www.bittboy.com. The sale seems over now I see back to $35.99 price.

Anyway has anyone documented all the games with a brief description if game is homebrew, mod of original NES game, Japanese version of ... etc. Also if they actually work as say the Harry Potter montronsity is clearly has mangled graphics making it unplayable. Overall I'm very happy but only played a few of them so far ...Super Mario, Contra 24 in 1, Donkey Kong and Lode Runner are really nice.

I'm not really that familiar with many of NES games though I certainly know most of the most popular ones in the US.

Edited by thetick1

Your post made me look, there are youtube videos of the device, one is by Bill on the site here who is in the atgames thread and he did a video just of the list of games it has, then did a link in that to a general hardware review. Others I dug up from ashens among others seem to show you have an unmarked reality of some having 128 (despite listing 300 on the box) and 300. They're not the same, even if you exclude all the sub-homebrew level garbage they padded the 300 with, there are more on it and differences. The games are seemingly all Famicom releases, not much english unless it was there already. There does not appear to be anything PAL related and likely not US based either unless there was a game on there Japan never got we did.

Your post made me look, there are youtube videos of the device, one is by Bill on the site here who is in the atgames thread and he did a video just of the list of games it has, then did a link in that to a general hardware review. Others I dug up from ashens among others seem to show you have an unmarked reality of some having 128 (despite listing 300 on the box) and 300. They're not the same, even if you exclude all the sub-homebrew level garbage they padded the 300 with, there are more on it and differences. The games are seemingly all Famicom releases, not much english unless it was there already. There does not appear to be anything PAL related and likely not US based either unless there was a game on there Japan never got we did.

Yea I have been watching the youtube reviews. Some of them are hilarious. Most only show a few games though. It would be nice to an exhaustive list and a few comments for each game.

BTW I found a few more I really liked ..the PacMan is really good and Star Gate is really nice Defender clone also LoadRunner 2 same as first one but different levels.

Are they titled that? Star Gate is a legit Famicom game, it is basically Defender 2. Pac-Man probably would be that Tengen or Namco release that's legit as well.

I'm kind of tempted to have one as a car toy but $40 seems a bit much. Either way for what it is, it's a nice setup in a little closed rechargeable system. Not sure how tolerant it could be to summer heat and stuff, but it could be neat for in the car and with the USB cable you could run that into a USB car charger.

Are they titled that? Star Gate is a legit Famicom game, it is basically Defender 2. Pac-Man probably would be that Tengen or Namco release that's legit as well.

I'm kind of tempted to have one as a car toy but $40 seems a bit much. Either way for what it is, it's a nice setup in a little closed rechargeable system. Not sure how tolerant it could be to summer heat and stuff, but it could be neat for in the car and with the USB cable you could run that into a USB car charger.

Oh there is also Defender II which definitely is a different game as the ship are slightly different and gameplay with Defender II is harder than Star Gate.

Anyway it's a very nice unit. If you wait awhile and check back I bet bittboy will have a sale. I recall them also having a 2 for $55 sale awhile back.

I certainly would not leave it in the car during summer. I will basically use mine on my train commute (about an hour each way). I'll also have to look for extra long USB cable for my car so my son can play in the car. Only bad thing the Bittboy and AtGames Atari Flashback Portable use different USB ports for charging (mini USB and other micro USB)

Edited by thetick1

I'll try and remember to. Another thing I wish was cheaper is that credit card wallet to carry made Tetris Microcard but they're over $50 which stinks -- http://www.tetrismicrocard.com/

Yea wow that is crazy especially as it is only black and white. You can certainly find a much better tetris game portable for less.

BittBoy has Tetris2 (not sure if homebrew or a hack ?) which is not bad but not great either as it is two player and BittBoy can only play one player so half the screen is wasted. It would be really nice if one could switch to one player full screen.

Edited by thetick1

Commonly on those new school and old school pirates Tetris 2 is a title of the game removed hack of Tengen Tetris which is the best version you can legitimately get on the NES and the cart I choose to own. I know someone years back found hidden code in the NES game and hacked what was kind of needed, reactivated the rest though, and made the NES one 2 player too which was quite the feat and all over the gaming news then too as it was a hell of an easter egg that Nintendo oafed out of including legitimately in their game.

Anyway I found a list typed by some Belgian kid. His review was pretty funny. Anyway I copied to Excel and stated adding my review for each game and some comments. One I get it done .. will take weeks I'll post my update and the community can let me know where I missed the original game for the many hacks and bootleg ROMs.

http://www.redferret.net/?p=55312

Edited by thetick1

I have to admit, I'm waiting to see this as it could push me into wanting the device. The one thing that sucks is the box gives no hint so you hope the seller knows if theirs is the 300 or 128 games model as they differ in both on the goodies they have (outside of the sub-homebrew quality pad filth on the 300.)