IGNORED

AVGCART

tmp

Are you publishing the vhdl or verilog for this somewhere? May I borrow the work you did on the side side please?

currently the source is not public, mostly due to the fact that's it's a horrible mess i'd ashamed to publish ;-)

i might publish it when i'm done working on the features and have time to clean it up

i have no problem to discuss the technical details in the meantime

When do we get a new Firmware to test this on our U1MB's :)

there are still pending issues (e.g. my 8gb fat32 card doesn't work in side loader for some odd reason, 2gb fat16 does), maybe during the weekend if i'm able to fix the issues by then Edited by tmp
  • Like 3

I received one today, I guessing it is the latest version. I loaded up my Ultimate Cart set of files on a new 16GB UHD card and pretty much everything works. Arkaniod III does not, but I don't think it ever works on my NTSC XEGS. All of the XEGS carts work fine as well as TimePilot. I have not tried any ATRs or extended memory games, but will be soon. I gave this one to my brother to test on his stock 130XE, where he has had A LOT of trouble getting ATRs to work with the SIO2SD. He has no patience, so when he calls me angry, i'll be able to get a list of what he tried. =)

Edited by jefffulton
  • Like 2

i believe 2nd batch had firmware 0007, latest is 0010 (http://avgcart.tmp.sk/files/atari/avgcart-0010.zip)

as i've stated multiple times, ATR support is just a bonus and its compatibility is probably low (you simply can't reliably emulate a SIO device via cart port)

EDIT: "?" shows the current version

Edited by tmp
  • Like 1

Arkaniod III does not, but I don't think it ever works on my NTSC XEGS.

Jeff, try this one. It works fine on my NTSC 800XL. Be sure to select your input device with it's first letter at the title screen and then hit either (T) for Trainer Mode or (N) for Normal Mode on the next screen; I missed this step the first time or two that I tried the game and thought that it wouldn't work on my machine either.

Arkanoid III.xex

• Like 2

Jeff, try this one. It works fine on my NTSC 800XL. Be sure to select your input device with it's first letter at the title screen and then hit either (T) for Trainer Mode or (N) for Normal Mode on the next screen; I missed this step the first time or two that I tried the game and thought that it wouldn't work on my machine either.

Thanks, it works!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello tmp

Could I talk you into using the AtariMax cartridge cases? They look nicer then the "commodore" cases and fit inside the 1200XL IIRC.

Santos used the AtarMax cases too for "his" Ultimate Cart". They look very professional.

Sincerely

Mathy

Edited by Mathy

• 2 weeks later...

I'm in for a few, and if it saves some money, without the commodore case, I'll print my own, use cases I already have.... so just the carts and sticker no case will save on not only the case cost but on shipping too!

the only thing I'd like after all of this is super/oss/orion/sparta pass thru.... that would literally destroy all other cart solutions and put all babies to bed :)

Edited by _The Doctor__
  • Like 1

i will create a separate preorder thread (probably tomorrow) because this is getting a bit out of hand (it's also my fault that i didn't reply to every interest that i was not making any list although i also didn't ask for interest except for those batches i had ready at those times)

• Like 1