IGNORED

To Part? Or Not to Part

RockFox

I have a Space Duel upright, killer condition cosmetically minus a few scratches here and there. Nice monitor, PCB, works great and everything all nice. What I'm debating is.. I want to build a JAMMA cabinet so I can play JAMMA and Neo Geo games. I've heard you can actually make more money, selling the parts. If that's true.. should I use this cab to make my Jamma? Or sell it complete? Also.. any one interested in it? I'll be taking some pictures as soon as I have the coin doors painted and such.

thanks for the help!

??? I am assuming you mean the Atari color vector game Space Duel?

I really hope you reconsider JAMMA converting this cab. Sell it outright and then get a JAMMA game. Working Space Duel should bring 450+, if it looks decent. If you part it out, you may make the same money, but there is one less complete Atari Vector game out there. Most operators in your area would gladly sell you a JAMMA cab really cheap. Beats them having to sell it at auction. Get on the phone and see what you can find. I frequently get cheap-o games that would be great for what you are trying to do.

If at all possible, keep your SD together... Just my .25

Cassidy

Thanks for the advice on that. Yes.. it is Atari's classic color vector Space Duel. The only vector game made where two players can play at the same time :) Its really a fun game. But I live in a small house and really.. it was fixing it and restoring it that was fun, so I wanted to get another project. I will probably end up keeping it all together unless I cannot find someone who can buy the whole thing complete.

RockFox, do not part out that classic. It's getting harder to find games like that in good condition. Shoot it you are interested I have a cabinet (an old nintendo one) you can use. I was going to build a MAME or jamma cab with it but never got the time. I bought a spinner, 4 joysticks a nice monitor and was going to use an old PC to hook it up. Let me know if you want some of that stuff. I too also live in denver. Maybe we can work out a trade some how. I can definately envision that next to my Discs of Tron, Rampart and regular Tron. Let me know.

Fred

Archived