IGNORED

TEMPEST 4000

scobb

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
On 10/15/2019 at 1:05 PM, davidcalgary29 said:

I'm having difficulty adjusting to the proshock controllers after the joyous experience of T2K with Jag rotary controllers. Does anyone have suggestions for the control settings to make playing with the thumbsticks more enjoyable?

Check out the comments on this "Wired-Up Retro" video:

In the presentation there's some information on using PS1 racing controllers on PS4. The UltraRacer, NeGcon, or Zerotech RC controller may up your enjoyment for playing Tempest 4000.  I especially have enjoyed playing it with the Zerotech RC controller. 

The video that goes into detail on showing you exactly how to set this up is this one:  

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
On 12/1/2020 at 9:41 AM, Rick Dangerous said:

The fact that this never got a VR update just crushes me...

The tragedy here is that support for PSVR was already developed, but Atari stripped it from the game before release. I assumed they were trying to figure out a way to offer a VR patch later for an additional fee, but they're not even doing that.

You would think that Atari would jump at such an opportunity. It would create an additional selling point, and attract thousands of purchases from VR fanatics that eagerly snap up any halfway decent VR-enabled game.

• 1 month later...
On 12/1/2020 at 9:41 AM, Rick Dangerous said:

The fact that this never got a VR update just crushes me...

Thanks the current cheese loving assholes that own Atari.  First Minter got sued, then he got the VR code taken away.  We're lucky we got this at all.  The final straw for me, was after all was said and done, Atari had the balls to show faked screenshots of Tempest 4000 running on their poorly named VCS.  This is also when they were in major litigation mode, suing anyone with the name Atari in their URL, etc.  Scumbags will never see a single penny for me after such continued disgusting behaviour.

• Like 1