IGNORED

DOO DADS AND DO-HICKIES

We TIers are a hardy lot. Since we have not been able to buy "off the shelf" for a long time, we had to make our own stuff.

post-39776-0-84089600-1525424530_thumb.jpg

This is a 90 degree down 9 pin adapter for my joystick port on my second TI system. Note the tight fit. The uprights on it make for easier removal.

post-39776-0-57093800-1525424871_thumb.jpg

The cable attached to it is a WICO joystick adapter.

post-39776-0-00720700-1525425079_thumb.jpg

Here is the WICO joystick adapter. It is permanently attached underneath the desk to the left of where my beautiful beige console sits.

post-39776-0-50130000-1525425276_thumb.jpg

Here is another 90 degree down 9 pin adapter attached to the WICO. My joystick for this system is attached.

post-39776-0-30799500-1525425484_thumb.jpg

This is the first one I made. Note that it goes up. Didn't like it as much so went with the down models.

How about you? Any doo dads?

Edited by sparkdrummer
  • Like 3

As a freelance photog for decades, I had a darkroom long before I met my wife. The room doubled as my cave. Darkroom's gone but the cave lives on! She has her own sewing room to turn into a temporary cluttercluster, workspace for her own projects, sometimes even some sewing. :) She even has a yard shed to herself. As we both grow older, things get parked here or there in the house for a few days, no complaints from either of us for the other's temporary mess.

For about a month or longer, I've had my TI sidecar taken apart and a breadboard with test circuits all wired up and other clutter on the pantry shelf that's in my cave. I finally at least moved it to a shelf out of direct view of the kitchen, which only took a few minutes to do. All good. Nary a word or a "look" all those weeks. Ya gotta love her! :lust:

As close to marital bliss as any man could hope for!

-Ed

• Like 1

I made a little Doo-Hickey to fit in the drive bay of my P-Box.

The first part is a mini control panel for the HDX

I can easily re-enable the interrupt and I can even turn off power to the battery backed DSR if it gets corrupted for any reason, sort of a reset.

Now I don't need to open up the P-Box and pull the card & battery if there is a small glitch.

Temperature gauge

After I installed a whisper quiet fan, I wanted to insure temps did not climb too high, but I didn't want to deface the P-Box. So I mounted it in here.

post-35324-0-07279000-1525488207.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

post-39776-0-24114400-1526295088_thumb.jpg

Joystick I cobbled together years ago to go with my "portable" TI system that I brought to VAST meetings. The joystick itself is actually a product that was made for a C-64 that more or less clipped on the right side of the computer. I hacked off the plastic clip and mounted it on my adapter. This device actually sits pretty nice on the left side of a TI computer.

post-39776-0-92911700-1526295493_thumb.jpg

The ball is from a Hunter alignment machine wheel plate. It was like a lazy susan so my techs could turn the front wheels on a vehicle they were aligning to the left or the right.

• Like 5

I put one of these together today. I ordered some a few weeks ago.

I designed a simple (very simple) FlashGrom99 control board.

I ordered one of my FG99 cartridges without the LED or reset switches purposely.

I wanted to be able to stash my TI-99/4A wherever and just run some wires so the 99/4a is out of sight (desk space needed) and I have the LED, FG99 and TI99 Reset close to me.

It works like a charm.

I have a few blank boards if anyone want's one, a couple of bucks plus shipping or I can put one together for $5. (PM me)

post-35187-0-95828100-1526351308.jpg

Edited by Shift838
  • Like 2