IGNORED

My first book is now available! "Atari 2600 Homebrew Companion" Vol. 1"

Arenafoot

Any updates concerning your next book?

I've been writing two books at once (Holiday Homebrew and 2018: Year in Review). Started the holiday one first (in July), then got into writing the 2018 book and tried to catch up to present time. Then got to thinking that I needed to work on the holiday book more since that one will be the next book out (hoping by Houston Expo or Halloween) and stopped work on the 2018 book, as that book will be out in Jan. 2019 (hopefully).

Currently contacting programmers from the Holiday book now for approvals. It's about 45-50% done.

Thanks for asking.

Brian

• Like 2

I've been writing two books at once (Holiday Homebrew and 2018: Year in Review). Started the holiday one first (in July)...

Just arrived...now I need a Holiday Homebrew book to go with it and my other Holiday themed carts. :grin:

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/273821-holiday-collections/?p=3925647

post-21941-0-46305600-1537406709.jpg

Edited by sramirez2008
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Albert has graciously offered to sell my books at the AtariAge booth during the 2018 Portland Retro Gaming Expo (PRGE) on October 19-21, 2018!!

Anyone who hasn't purchased one of the copies thru Amazon can pick up one in person from Al and AtariAge at the show!!! Thanks, Albert!

(and I'll be at the Houston Arcade Expo - the same weekend, signing my books for anyone buying them there)

post-2652-0-63382900-1538637626_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

I just purchased volumes 1 & 2 a few hours ago (before your post about the holiday book). I was wanting to buy the full color version of vol 1, but couldn't pass on the B&W ones since I could get both for less than the cost of 1 color book. While I ordering, I also bought several of amazon's "suggested books" from Michael Salzman. Really looking forward to receiving all of them.

• Like 1

I just purchased volumes 1 & 2 a few hours ago (before your post about the holiday book). I was wanting to buy the full color version of vol 1, but couldn't pass on the B&W ones since I could get both for less than the cost of 1 color book. While I ordering, I also bought several of amazon's "suggested books" from Michael Salzman. Really looking forward to receiving all of them.

Thanks Kevin for the purchases!!!!

The ebook/Kindle version is now available of my Holiday Homebrew book!!!
Update: There's been issues with the paperback version of this book, so I might be awhile longer.

The hand drawn cover looks awesome and it's a perfect fit for a book about homebrew games. :thumbsup:

Can't wait to grab the paperback version as soon as it gets released.

• Like 2

The hand drawn cover looks awesome and it's a perfect fit for a book about homebrew games. :thumbsup:

Can't wait to grab the paperback version as soon as it gets released.

Thanks! That's actually the artwork from my 18-year-old daughter who will be a Graphic Design major at Nicholls St Univ in August! She is currently in the gifted art program for the parish and at her high school. I gave her screenshots of all of the Christmas games and asked her to try and keep it looking "8-Bit". The cover is what you see that she hand drew, along with the Stay Frosty snowman who is on the back cover. She also came up with that catch phrase on her own too!

• Like 3

Thanks! That's actually the artwork from my 18-year-old daughter who will be a Graphic Design major at Nicholls St Univ in August! She is currently in the gifted art program for the parish and at her high school. I gave her screenshots of all of the Christmas games and asked her to try and keep it looking "8-Bit". The cover is what you see that she hand drew, along with the Stay Frosty snowman who is on the back cover. She also came up with that catch phrase on her own too!

Awesome. You're from LA too. I hail from the 318 area (Shreveport). :cool:
  • Like 1

I just read through volume 1 and 2 and need to get the Christmas edition. I learned about some new homebrew and look forward to playing them. Thanks for your hard work, look forward to more editions in the future.

Thank you for the purchases! Currently working on the "2018 Year in Review" homebrew book.

Brian

• 2 weeks later...