IGNORED

Any Screen Printing Programs for the Atari 1025 Printer?

58 minutes ago, jamm said:

The Okimate color printers used something that more resembles an iron-on transfer.  The only way you got okay results out of it is to use special paper that would take the transfer material better than normal paper.  Trust me - it was awful.

You'll be better off using a standard inkjet printer and a FujiNet once we get some color printer emulation in there.  ?

Here's a video of someone testing an Okimate:

Well I have a snazzy networked Laserjet that would be fantastic for all print jobs... except if I want to do banners... which is why I am trying to get a dot-matrix going.  I did find that certain photosmart / inkjets will handle the continuous feed paper after tearing off the tractor feed part.. just haven't found a way to do it with the laserjet.

57 minutes ago, jamm said:

Sorry - I forgot you wanted to do banner prints with continuous form paper.  That definitely limits your options significantly!

It's ridiculous that in 2020 we can't just do this with any damn printer that takes in paper automatically (which is what - ALL of them).

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Stephen said:

It's ridiculous that in 2020 we can't just do this with any damn printer that takes in paper automatically (which is what - ALL of them).

Yeah!  Like it took me a while to even FIND tractor fed paper.  Also find it odd that there definitely are still dot matrix printers being made, but none of them are color anymore.

Guess with FujiNet I can just print directly to my kindle and hang a bunch of them together to make a banner...

On the note of printers that autofeed paper... mine has a sheet fed scanner for multiple page dicuments to just copy even... yet still can't do anything with continuous fed paper... at least that I have seen, for the few I saw that did, there is an option maybe in paper type... gonna have a look after I am done with work for the day.

Edited by leech
add more rants about modern printers.
  • Like 1