IGNORED

CHI Friday - Companion gathering to Chicago TI World Faire

OLD CS1

My offer to bring gear still stands. Whatever we need, I can bring it if I've got it.

I have PEB gear with 3.5 drives and 5.25 drives, a CF7, GRAM Kracker (if we want to do any old school cart-ripping or messing with graphics), cassette interface, consoles, a decent monitor, etc etc...

I have cables galore and whatever else we may need. No TIPI, no FG99, no F18A (installed in a working console), but for old school sh**, I can hook us up.

• Like 1

My offer to bring gear still stands. Whatever we need, I can bring it if I've got it.

I have PEB gear with 3.5 drives and 5.25 drives, a CF7, GRAM Kracker (if we want to do any old school cart-ripping or messing with graphics), cassette interface, consoles, a decent monitor, etc etc...

I have cables galore and whatever else we may need. No TIPI, no FG99, no F18A (installed in a working console), but for old school sh**, I can hook us up.

I'll be bringing my own setup so I can do some coding (PEB, console w/ F18A, FG, VGA monitor) as well as some tools like soldering iron, logic probe, variable PS, and multimeter. Lee and I are planning to hammer out some Forth code to drive the plotter and even possibly the robotic arm. I will also have the usual projector available.

I'm also going to bring Hector, my house-trained Tomy Omnibot robot for Buck and Cesar to play with :)

• Like 3

Okay, as I will have to ship everything out no later than Tuesday, I want to make sure I know what I need to provide.

Right now I have three, maybe four, laptops loaded with Windows 10 and will have Classic99 installed, and I have a set of amplified speakers for the ForTI demo. Vorti's bringing a projector, some TI kit, and some component hacking tools. Opry has TI hardware available for anyone who needs.

I will be bringing my regular complement of TI hardware, an F18A console, CF7+ and nanoPEB, 5" USB-powered monitors. I may bring a 15" VGA monitor, as well. I should also have my battery-powered soldering kit on-hand.

I am not certain about wireless Internet coverage in the room. It is a business meeting room so I assume it should be usable, but if not I will have something on-hand. I can also bring a wireless bridge if anyone has any Ethernet needs.

I am bringing at least one 4A with F18A and nanoPEB v1. I may bring a second console with nanoPEB v1. I could bring a PEB or two if necessary.

I will have my Win7 laptop, MiniPro EPROM burner, EPROMs to burn and UV EPROM eraser. I will bring fbForth 2.0 cartridges, and manuals, too.

I will have a couple of power strips as well as a few extension cords—25' 14/3 AWG, 85' 14/3 AWG and 100' 12/3 AWG.

Anna and I are driving, so let me know if there is anything else I could bring.

...lee

I am bringing a 4A with F18A, NanoPEB, FlashROM99, 32k + TIPI, and FORTI-2. I think I will bring a cheap VGA monitor in my suitcase.

Non-TI equipment:

MacBookPro (Mac OS X, maybe maybe Win10),

VB-8012 scope and logic analyzer.

Kroflux floppy controller

I can provide wireless via my phone HotSpot.

I will use a loaner Windows laptop for Classic99 and the VB-8012 software.

My Classic99 environment will travel on a USB stick unless I go nuts and install a Windows VM.

Not bringing any soldering equipment or eprom programmer.

Things I would like help with:

setting up TIPI for the first time,

getting my fbForth 32k cartridge to have a working eprom (It's got Kippy's Nightmare in it currently.)

moving all my stuff from TI FORTH to fbForth

Edited by FarmerPotato
  • Like 1

Hey, I will be bringing your SID Master back. I'm sorry I didn't mention that I still had it.

Can you bring some more MATIUG floppies! I can bring the Kryoflux and folks can plug away at floppy scanning. It needs an external drive too. (I used my Corcomp drive enclosure, but any DSSD drive enclosure would work.)

Things I would like help with:

getting my fbForth 32k cartridge to have a working eprom (It's got Kippy's Nightmare in it currently.)

moving all my stuff from TI FORTH to fbForth

I can help with the fbForth/TI Forth stuff. I will have my UV eraser and my burner for the cartridge.

The TI Forth block utilities in FBLOCKS might be helpful for copying TI Forth blocks (screens) to fbForth blocks files. I am confident I am not telling you something you do not already know, but Insuring they work after copying will, at least, take some spot checking and possible conversion.

...lee

Hey, I will be bringing your SID Master back. I'm sorry I didn't mention that I still had it.

Can you bring some more MATIUG floppies! I can bring the Kryoflux and folks can plug away at floppy scanning. It needs an external drive too. (I used my Corcomp drive enclosure, but any DSSD drive enclosure would work.)

Thanks Potato. Yeah, I knew you still had my SID. I expected you might be using it for testing on your current music endeavors.

I'll bring the whole of the MATIUG library. I plan on arriving in Evanston around 11AM.

Here's what I'm bringing in addition to the MATIUG library:

* TI-99/4A (stock)

* PEB (with rs232, 32k, FDC, 5.25" floppy drive , dual 3.5" floppy drives)

* Program Recorder

* Speech Synth

* CF7+ with 512MB card

* Chicago RAMDisk (not currently working)

* HDX rs232 (not currently working)

* GRAM Kracker (with supporting utilities)

* Various cartridges (including XB2.7, the 2010 Hexbus 512k Multicart, and a newly built Supercart)

• Like 1

Looks like the Hilton is booked solid. I'll probably crash at the Rodeway Inn. It's cheap and not too far away. :)

I imagine I can keep my stuff in the conference room until I am ready to pack up on Saturday night?

We should still have rooms in our block. Did you use the link I provided?

https://locu.li/CHIFriday

We relinquish the room at 11pm Friday. We will not be able to store anything there.

I tried the link. It said "The rate is no longer available"

It might have been because I only wanted it for one night (Friday night)

Ah, you know what, I think we had a deadline for booking that. I will check into it and let you know ASAP.

i am looking forward to the snow. My good snow/ice boots have been sitting unused for a couple of years.

I left all my winter gear in Wisconsin when I moved back to Texas.

Looks like I will be getting my winter coat out of the garage.

I am not getting a rental car, so rides in a warm SUV will be much appreciated.