IGNORED

Mateos cart thoughts? (Podcast help. :) )

Dauber

I too am not sure it is the cart specifically. In my experience the Mateos either works or it doesn't. The times I've had trouble with mine, it was always down to the data not getting written to it properly and I'd end up using a different USB cable and it would work after. Now having said that, I did have some odd issues with the original rom images that were on the cart at first with them sometimes working and sometimes not. But I quickly wiped those out in favor of different rom images since I owned the games anyway and didn't see a need for them taking up the space. Additionally, until I better understood how the memory mapping worked on the cart I was having issues with parts of rom files overwriting others because of my own errors. Now I pretty much only use the cart in 144k mode and stick with using only positions 1 - 8 on the dial.

I'm no expert but from those photos I wouldn't think it's an issue with the cart itself because behind the distortion the game is clearly running correctly and with the correct colours. Given you say it works fine with stock games my hypothesis would be that the cartridge is acting as an aerial for background radiation, giving it a direct line into your 7800, and given your 7800 is modded maybe there are a couple of points on the mod picking up that interference.

I guess if it were me I'd try switching off / unplugging as many electrical devices in the vicinity as I could to see if it made any difference.

Well, it has something to do with my 7800....I busted out my old one, with only an RF connection....the picture from the mateos cart is now solid and clear. My AV modded 7800 has had a great picture on everything up to this point, I'm lost but what can I do!

gHAV4a6.jpg

Now I gotta figure out if it is possible to put Baby Pac Man on here..

I've used my Mateos cart I couldn't tell you how many times as I used the diagnostic roms I've got loaded on it when I do work on 7800s.

And yes it is totally possible to put baby pac on the Mateos.

Now, what AV mod do you have installed in that 7800?

Hello here !

sorry to hijack this thread, but i'm trying to contact Mateos for an order since weeks now, and i can't get any reply (i'm looking for a Gamate card).

I just tried the contatc form from his website.

if anyone had a better solution, please let me know.

Once again, forgive me for the intrusion ^^

GoldenWheels, I'm fairly confident the issue is as I thought. On your modded machine do any wires pass close to the cartridge port? Maybe a wire needs rerouting.

MockyLock, when I ordered mine I used the contact form on his site and it took a few days to receive a reply. Of course that's before some people reported difficulties getting in touch with him. Whatever happens I hope he's okay.

Hello here !

sorry to hijack this thread, but i'm trying to contact Mateos for an order since weeks now, and i can't get any reply (i'm looking for a Gamate card).

I just tried the contatc form from his website.

if anyone had a better solution, please let me know.

Once again, forgive me for the intrusion ^^

Like Smitty stated above, it used to be you would initially order through his contact page. I think I also kept in contact with him through PMs here at AA as well. I've had my Mateos for sometime now and when I ordered it, Juan was quick to answer and I received my order very quickly. But it does seem that for at least the last 6 months, he hasn't been able to be reached.

I've used my Mateos cart I couldn't tell you how many times as I used the diagnostic roms I've got loaded on it when I do work on 7800s.

And yes it is totally possible to put baby pac on the Mateos.

Now, what AV mod do you have installed in that 7800?

not sure...bought it from Jin and it has never given me a day of trouble (save a sticky power button)! If I get a chance I'll open'er up and take some pics.