IGNORED

Manuals in color & Catalogs

clark2

If the box on the back looks like that, is it always PAL? If so, does it definitely not work on systems in the US, or does it just look bad? The reason I ask is because I have a Phoenix that looks like that, and although I can't test it right now, I seem to have a memory of playing it but maybe thinking it didn't look right. My memory on that may be faulty...(I also have a Kangaroo that I never played that looks like that on the back; hope that works).

If the box on the back looks like that, is it always PAL? If so, does it definitely not work on systems in the US, or does it just look bad?

Original mult-language silver boxes: yes.

PAL games on NTSC systems look bad.

8)

Edited by Rom Hunter
  • Like 1

Hi,

Please anyone knows if this versions of Jungle Hunt and Pole Position comes with manuals in color with Atari catalogs? These seems to be international versions but made on USA.

Thanks a lot.

Golden rule: take a look on the bottom of the box: ©Atari, INC A Warner Communications Company ---- color manual

©Atari, CORP ------- b/w manual

It'll work fine on a us system. It may or may not play nice with a ntsc tv however. It could work fine, or may roll, which you may or may not be able to tune in. It will have odd colors, but other than it looking different than what your used to, this wont affect the game any. It could even run at a different speed of it was programmed to run at 50Hz rather than 60.

AA has a lot of info, and may help with this. But the tv will be a try and see thing, unless you know it has a multiregional tuner.

Ok thanks a lot for all their answers.

In conclusion: These games has color manuals and it's just what i'am looking for, but for other side, exist the possiblity these don't run well in my NTSC consoles or Tvs. I believe i don't take the risk.

Regards,

Javier.