IGNORED

How about a dedicated place for people who just post videos

There are a few regulars who post "topics" that are just links to their latest YouTube video.

What if these were all placed in the same place so people who like them can more easily find them, and those that think they don't add to the core functionality of a message board don't stumble onto a video when they think it's a discussion post?

• Like 3

I wouldn't mind that. To be honest, I'd love to post my videos here but I *usually* don't because I feel like I'm spamming the boards if I do. (Though I don't mind it when MJ, Hancock and others do it; *I* just feel a little weird doing it.) If there was a dedicated area, I'd feel more free to post all the time.

• Like 1

I don't get bent out of shape when someone posts an occasional video about something relevant in the proper forum. If it's not interesting to me, I simply don't have to watch it. Now if someone is a frequent serial poster, they might consider starting a blog and post their videos there.

• Like 2

I think a video forum would be nice.

AtariAge also has to expand and accommodate the changing scene. Other systems are beginning to replace the VCS by way of different demographics of the members. 8-bit machines are suddenly very simple. Fans of those machines are approaching their twilight years, and newcomers have a more diverse interest. Newcomers are also embracing new forms of communication more advanced than simple BBS-like "forums".

• Like 3

AtariAge also has to expand and accommodate the changing scene. Other systems are beginning to replace the VCS by way of different demographics of the members. 8-bit machines are suddenly very simple. Fans of those machines are approaching their twilight years, and newcomers have a more diverse interest. Newcomers are also embracing new forms of communication more advanced than simple BBS-like "forums".

This is very true. Straight up forums are fewer and farther between these days. I come here because I have many friends here I have made over the years. It is true that I have working hard on my channel to grow it and will only post in the my videos in website and publications from now on until something gets figured out.

It's nice to hear the affirmative feedback. Maybe the new forum software has a way to display thumbnails or other YouTube data in an interesting way.

Since this post is targeting me, I am happy to post my videos where the forum wants me to. I will roll with that.

Not just you, but yeah, you were the last one that I clicked on, "hey, this topic is interesting to me ..." OH CRAP THERE GOES HANCOCK AGAIN and I don't want to spend eleven minutes on this now.

I'm not anti-video, I'm pro-text. :-) The mindset of "let's spend five minutes looking at new AtariAge posts" is a different place than "let's put on this video playlist for an hour."

• Like 2

Twilight Years?

tumblr_okrqplpjNj1uv4w0ro5_500.gif

• Like 1

• 11 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Isn't the "Publications" sub forum for this sort of thing? I had thrown out the idea for a Podcast sub-forum a long time ago. Maybe a "Podcast and Video" sub forum would be a great idea here. Put that in the publications forum.

• Like 1

I would like to see this as well. Getting tired of Gorfcadet spamming the forums with a new thread in the 7800 forum every time he uploads a new video. At least if there's a forum dedicated to YouTube I don't have to follow it and the threads won't show up in my list.

• Like 1