IGNORED

HSC Season 15 Round 9: C'est La Vie

Oh, come ON! I was waiting two days to get validated, and the second I'm weapons free, someone's already broken 2,000. Oh well.

Edit: Also, the game's actually pretty decent, and definitely comparable to Getaway, but the random maze does make a big difference in how much you can score. If you get a game where the important buildings are on dead ends, it's easy to get cornered by the thieves and you'll end up with less money.

post-64696-0-52077300-1526512007_thumb.jpg

Edited by MrTrust
  • Like 5

Yes, it would seem the .xex versions won't/can't allow customization of gameplay parameters.

I tried to make a longer game earlier in the week, but I didn't get it to make a difference so either I didn't do it right, the instructions are wrong or the dumped file does not support it.

Grabbed the attached .atr from atarimania and checked it in emulation; just started it up to see if it works and it allows for time and date to be adjusted as well as speed.

Using/keeping existing high scores from .xex file(s) C'est La Vie play seems like the easiest and most uniform way for HSC Season 15 Round 9 to proceed; that is, I am not sure if we want/need to throw a curve into the mix by adding customization of gameplay date, time and speed to the current round but I thought some might like to try using carlsson's detailed game instructions fully with C'est La Vie. :thumbsup:

I need to get cracking and go try to rack up some big green myself but $2000+ :-o

...I am still trying to crack $250+ :-D

C'est la Vie.atr

Edited by Fingolfin
  • Like 1

Very glad carlsson survived the night and the encounter with the spider/beetle did not result in our HSC comrade's demise!

Hooray for the coming of the dawn and the light of day!

(unless you're looking to go play A8 games, then you're better off finding some shade!)

Edited by Fingolfin
  • Like 1

If I can only manage to stay away from those hard, sharp walls and out of the hospital :lol: ...finally broke $250 though! :thumbsup:

Would like to find more time to a) practice and play more C'est La Vie .xex and b) tinker some with the settings in the .atr version just to see what all can be done with adjusting dates/times/speeds.

post-63405-0-90088400-1526581840_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Was that score or net worth ? ;)

post-19705-0-18487400-1526593558.jpg

my drastic improvement was by using the radar! Now I can see why the walking into walls feature comes in!

Thanks Fingolfin - I figured the ATR might have the selections working - we can make that a bonus challenge if someone suggests a play period (not too long).

and Welcome again to Mr Trust, we need some new players, I'll try and round some escapees up for the next round which will be a chance for new players to play any missed rounds and others to improve scores etc. If you want to add 10 games to the games list thread they will feature in future pollls :thumbsup:

• Like 2

it's more fun that I remember, anyway it is hard to avoid the goons.

I've been avoiding the loan shark! If you play it for about 10 mins the game will finish and you'll see the "Final Statement" showing the score :)

The Round 10 Mega Poll is now OPEN :waving:

• Like 1

first tables

C'est La Vie

Default settings - Score shown on final statement at the end of your go

1st McKong 11,038 12pts
2nd therealbountybob 1,645 11pts
3rd Fingolfin 1,309 10pts
4th Mr Trust 1,161 9pts
5th RedThunder 960 8pts
6th Deteacher 553 7pts
7th jblenkle 343 6pts
8th carlsson 328 5pts

The Round 10 Mega Poll is now OPEN :waving:

• Like 1

Ok, I tried the loan shark method. It depends a lot on:

1) initial stock price

2) maze structure so you have a straight and quick way between the loan shark and Wall Street

3) no muggers or tax men in your way

4) that the stock price actually takes off within 3 months

5) that you get to sell your stocks and pay back the loan before the goons are out

I managed to succeed the process once, but a subsequent attempt failed badly, as the goons wanted to see me dead before I got to Wall Street to cash in and eventually pay back.

Final score: $793

post-5454-0-33505400-1526820959.jpg

• Like 2

We'll run the round and poll until Sunday morning (10am UK time). So McKong has set an impressive target for us to aim for :thumbsup:

lates tables

C'est La Vie

Default settings - Score shown on final statement at the end of your go

1st McKong 11,755 12pts

2nd Mr Trust 2,291 11pts
3rd therealbountybob 1,645 10pts
4th Fingolfin 1,309 9pts
5th RedThunder 960 8pts
6th carlsson 793 7pts
7th graywest 571 6pts
8th Deteacher 553 5pts
9th jblenkle 343 4pts