IGNORED

5200 HSC Season 11 Round 9 - Ratcatcher

Welcome to round nine of the 5200 HSC season 11! A great new homebrew, Ratcatcher, won the poll by a single vote. Play with default difficult setting. Emulation is fine, as are custom controls. Pics preferred, but not required except for HSC wins and records.

No current record exists for this game! So someone hard-playing participant here will set one!

Round ends Sunday, May 27th, 2018 @9pm EST

A link to the ROM can be found here:

http://www.averagesoftware.org/index.php?page=ratcatcher

A cartridge is also available for purchase (but may not arrive in time for use in this contest!)

https://atariage.com/store/index.php?l=product_detail&p=1100

Standings:

Northcoastgamer- 17,200

NIKON 10,600

Hank Rearden - 4,300

jblenkle - 100

DarQ Massacres - 100

The link just takes you back to this page when you click on it.

Welcome to round nine of the 5200 HSC season 11! A great new homebrew, Ratcatcher, won the poll by a single vote. Play with default difficult setting. Emulation is fine, as are custom controls. Pics preferred, but not required except for HSC wins and records.

No current record exists for this game! So someone hard-playing participant here will set one!

Round ends Sunday, May 27th, 2018 @9pm EST

A link to the ROM can be found here: http://www.averageso...page=ratcatcher

Standings:

This seems to be overly difficult. Maybe by design. But I feel like I'm missing something. Lol

I'll keep trying. I watched a few videos but none of them helped as there is no discussion of strategy. If anyone finds something please post.

8,550. I've had this game for a few months, just played it for the first time today. There is also various fruits in the game. By eliminating two alligators by electricity or water during a stage, a fruit will appear. I was able to get to the Orange (1,000 pts) during this particular game. I was also able to grab 10 rats and earned a 1,500 point bonus. It does seem tedious to learn, but I like the originality of it. I'll play some more before being too critical. So far it seems a decent game.

post-34612-0-56721400-1527275227_thumb.jpg

17,200. Was able to get to Stage 7. Had bonus coin stages after stages 2 & 6. The coins appear in a predictable pattern. It's easy to collect a good amount once the pattern is memorized. This game takes some getting used to, but after awhile it's pretty good. Various strategies, timing & luck come into play.

post-34612-0-68323800-1527464639_thumb.jpg

Congratulations to Northcoastgamer on winning another round! Gorf coming up next.

Final standings:

Northcoastgamer- 17,200 +11

NIKON 10,600 +10

Hank Rearden - 4,300 +9

jblenkle - 100 + 8

DarQ Massacres - 100 +8