IGNORED

Currently in Omega's Den: 30 year old dream *FINALLY REALIZED* (Updated)

Omega-TI

I have a project I'm in the middle of, hopefully I'll successfully complete it on Wednesday.

gallery_35324_1027_2338673.gif

Next step: Trying to remember how to program the 1284P with the GROM routine!

If this project works, I'll never have to deal with the color bar screen or selection screen again when this cartridge is installed, as it will always go straight into 4A/DOS, even from a power up!

After that, I'll make an BATCH file that does all my TIPI stuff upon boot-up, THAT will be a HUGE time saver!

For step one, I turned 4A/DOS into a 512K image for the UberGROM cart. Once the GROM routine is programmed into the 1284P, it should immediately take over the TI and load 4A/DOS from the 49F040.

I'll be giving my public thanks for the help once it works!

dos512k.bin

• Like 5

I have no idea what you are talking about, but it sounds cool. :-) And that OLED display looks neat.

The plan is to make a video once it's up and running, dedicated to my Dad who recently passed, because we both used to run SuperCarts back in the day and had the same gripe about what happened every time you exited a program.

4ADOS is pretty much a cut down version of RXB CALL USER batch file processing.

The operating environment of 4A/DOS is the most important aspect in this application. It's limited batch processing capabilities are up to the task for what I need out of it. Where it shines is it's compatibility with both the F18A (80 columns) and TIPI (directory structure), Having it auto-magically start after every reset will be just too cool.

• Like 2

The plan is to make a video once it's up and running, dedicated to my Dad who recently passed, because we both used to run SuperCarts back in the day and had the same gripe about what happened every time you exited a program.

The operating environment of 4A/DOS is the most important aspect in this application. It's limited batch processing capabilities are up to the task for what I need out of it. Where it shines is it's compatibility with both the F18A (80 columns) and TIPI (directory structure), Having it auto-magically start after every reset will be just too cool.

I'm very interested in this endeavor of yours. I have only one issue tho'. videos showing off the working system without an in depth explanation/tutorial on how to get from point A (not having this kind of setup) to point B, step by step. It's selfish I know. But I'm kind of limited right now on spare time and I choose to play the game of the month competition when I am too burned out to do anything else. So a hand held guide would be a god send. If things go as well as i hope hey will go, I'll have an update on my current situation and the outcome within a few weeks. No worries, health is OK. Just being challenged with life circumstances a ATM.

• Like 1

I'm very interested in this endeavor of yours. I have only one issue tho'. videos showing off the working system without an in depth explanation/tutorial on how to get from point A (not having this kind of setup) to point B, step by step. It's selfish I know. But I'm kind of limited right now on spare time and I choose to play the game of the month competition when I am too burned out to do anything else. So a hand held guide would be a god send. If things go as well as i hope hey will go, I'll have an update on my current situation and the outcome within a few weeks. No worries, health is OK. Just being challenged with life circumstances a ATM.

I love hand-held guides too, especially with the issues I have going on now, but sorry, there is just no way in hell you're gonna get any A to B action from me this time. I've had to enlist Tursi for the AVR / UberGROM / Atmel 1284P portion, so there would be a huge gap in that portion of any tutorial. Mike's also rather busy, so I do not know exactly when I'll have the last piece to finish the project. All I can say is Wednesday appears to be off the table.

So, this cartridge will always be in your system?

What about other carts? FG99 not needed anymore?

The FG99 is a great cartridge, and one I will continue to use, so they are not mutually exclusive. That said, there are times when it's not as convenient to use the FG99. That may change in the future, but until then, the UberGROM is the only cartridge that I know of that can pull this off.

• Like 1

I love hand-held guides too, especially with the issues I have going on now, but sorry, there is just no way in hell you're gonna get any A to B action from me this time. I've had to enlist Tursi for the AVR / UberGROM / Atmel 1284P portion, so there would be a huge gap in that portion of any tutorial. Mike's also rather busy, so I do not know exactly when I'll have the last piece to finish the project. All I can say is Wednesday appears to be off the table.

Phooey. LOL ;)

Well, here is where this project is at right now...

Tursi has the AVR completed (many thanks again Mike) and it should be going in the mail this weekend! So, sometime next week, this dream of 30 years will finally come to fruition. In the mean time, I better design a label for this cartridge, because I have a feeling a couple of you out there might want to do this too,

Oh, this made me smile... Tursi said, "It boots faster than your monitor."

• Like 1

Go orange on black.... standard TI label.... Make it outwardly indistinguishable from HouseHold Budget Management

That could probably be done. Didn't someone upload a template for that purpose a couple of years back? I've spent the last 10 minutes trying to locate it with no luck. Sadly I gotta go get gas for the mower now and take care of that green stuff that never seems to stop growing.