IGNORED

Play on PS4?

It was also released for Xbox and I think it's backwards compatible on the 360 (which suggests it might show up on the One someday). I think it used to be in the digital store (no more) but the disc should be easy to find.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intellivision_Lives!

You know you're supposed to have multiple consoles if you post in here, right? ;-)

• Like 1

It was also released for Xbox and I think it's backwards compatible on the 360 (which suggests it might show up on the One someday). I think I t used to be in the digital store (no more) but the disc should be easy to find.

Thanks, I didn't realize it was on Xbox. I played the PS2 version on my fat PS3, but I just ordered the Xbox version for $10 off ebay.

Xbox 360s are super cheap, and more good news is that the Xbox One should also be able to play most 360 and original Xbox games.

It was also released for Xbox and I think it's backwards compatible on the 360 (which suggests it might show up on the One someday). I think I t used to be in the digital store (no more) but the disc should be easy to find.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intellivision_Lives!

You know you're supposed to have multiple consoles if you post in here, right? ;-)

Sadly, the Xbox One backward compatibility with original Xbox games is *VERY* limited, and requires Microsoft to release a custom update for each game. It's not a general emulation layer (which is dumb, because it should be a super-simple thing to do, as the original Xbox is x86 with an ancient GPU that an Xbox One should be more than capable of running the code for.) Intellivision Lives just doesn't have enough demand for Microsoft to support it. They don't even support Enter the Matrix, an iconic original Xbox game (which supported 1080i on the original Xbox if you had the right cables! I'd love to play it in 1080 on my modern Xbox One+TV.)

Having multiple consoles is not a problem*, its just that a PS4 wont be one of them. I do have an Xbox One, but a person was talking about loving retro video games and has a PS4 so I thought I would ask to see if I could get that person to join our enclave.

It was als(snip)

* Don't throw me out of the Nerd Gamer Union, I paid my dues. :)

Intellivision(s) (with System Changer) (with ECS)

TurboDuo

Turbo Express(es)

Apple/Bandai Pippin with controller and drawing tablet and keyboard

Dreamcast(s) with keyboard and many VMUs and Neo Geo emulation and maracas to play Samba de Amigo

Xbox 360

Xbox One

RetroPi config on an RPi2 for S/NES and MAME

• Like 1

a person was talking about loving retro video games and has a PS4

[...]

RetroPi config on an RPi2 for S/NES and MAME

I was about to suggest a RPi solution. Perhaps you can show your setup to the other person, and he/she would be interested in getting a RPi as well next to the PS4 to get loads of retro gaming fixes without relying on what Sony offers or various forms of installing alternative software on the console?

Having multiple consoles is not a problem*, its just that a PS4 wont be one of them. I do have an Xbox One, but a person was talking about loving retro video games and has a PS4 so I thought I would ask to see if I could get that person to join our enclave.

Ah, I see ... a drug pusher, then. ;)

There are a lot of retro-style games on PS4, but not so much pure retro. I'm glad that Intellivision Lives was released for consoles even if I don't think it's the best format. It really needs the original controls, especially for the keypad-intensive games.

I think this would be the best: Ultimate Intellivision Flashback. Replace the guts of an AtGames Intellivision Flashback with a Raspberry Pi and a controller adapter, with the entire library onboard. Get a set of reproduction overlays and it's better than the real thing in many respects.

If you aren't accustomed to Intellivision controllers, using modern analog controllers is definitely doable for most games and might be preferable for new users. Some games could use custom button mappings. And if you want to use original Intellivision controllers, Intellivision Productions has complete sets of overlays available for about $30. Unfortunately, Flashback controllers have been out of production for several years and aren't easy to find.

• 2 weeks later...

Sadly, the Xbox One backward compatibility with original Xbox games is *VERY* limited, and requires Microsoft to release a custom update for each game. ... Intellivision Lives just doesn't have enough demand for Microsoft to support it.

Confirmed. It does not play on my Xbox One. :_(

However, it does seem to run fine on my Xbox 360.

• Like 1