IGNORED

A replacement power cord?

Atari Master

I know of a few places Lemmi

I am getting fed-up with the staff at my local Radio Shack. They always think they know more than anybody, and usually they know alot less than I do.

Speaking of Power Supplies I was looking for one to get rid of using batteries in a sound amp. This one guy in particular at RS comes up and starts to hound me with questions. His verdict was that I needed to find out if my power connector center is positive or negative.

Even after I told him I planed to cut the damn end off and that made no differnce, I have to wire it on the PCB, he simply smirked at me and carried on.

With a DMM it takes about 3 seconds to find out which wire is positive and which is negative.

Perhaps I'll do all my RS buying online at their site, then again I only pay their high prices because I get it when I go to the store, no waiting.

OK, anyway here is one site that sells the Atari power supply, Marlin P. Jones. The PS costs $3.50, and the part number is 12254-PD It has the Atari name and Logo on the PS.

Here is some more information on the PS-- It is a 9 VDC 1 amp PS, 1mm ID/3.55mm OD Coaxial-Center Positive.

If you want some other places to try to find one, be sure to look at My Atari Bookmarks. Look under "Games & Accessories".

• 3 weeks later...

quote:

Originally posted by liquid_sky:

the best way to dael with radio shack employees is to say "no sir, i am just looking" when they ask if they can help.. make your way to your required good as soon as humanly possible and take it to the counter without the roving dipshit seeing you

Sounds like the only way to do it. Only problem was though I was already searching the right area for the item.

Next time I'll be sure to say "No thanks sir, I don't need any help" and go somewhere else until they get the idea and wonder off. Then I will return to continue my searching

Seems to be a common problem with Radio Shack anymore. Perhaps their slogan should now read "You need parts. We have annoying employees". That pretty much sums up what/how they sell and how they handle it.