IGNORED

"The Rescue Expedition"- new game in the making

gorgh

Hello!
Probably most of you already saw this trailer, but I want to put it here, because I need feedback- I need information what can be improved,added to the game, so the game is more playable.
The game will be available by the end of summer at Retronics.

• Like 39

Looks Great :) . In the Caves sometimes maybe som flying bats would be Nice..maybe som moving platforms With and without spikes or similar that suddenly pops out.

Maybe some doors that needs keys to be found.. etc etc. Maybe some chance to get extra lifes sometimes.... some optional bonus treasure chests.. etc.... Have a small hiscore list so that catching the optional treasure chests makes it worth it.. and so on.

• Like 1

This looks very fun, my kind of game. Definitely interested in this. Since you asked for input:

1. Having more enemies and having them colored something other than the background would be good.

2. The 'Whip the ceiling to swing' mechanic looks odd. Maybe have the guy whip the platform above and climb up or have a hook or something you have to hit to swing?

Great WIP vid, this looks very well done. Can't wait to try it.

thank you guys for the remarks, it's very helpful .
for now I'm working on 2 things- adding a background elements that won't collide with the sprites nor the rope, and adding the deadly fire on the floor just like in Montezuma.
@CharlieChaplin: the filesystem of the game is a normal binary file with MEMLO at $2000 so if Retronics will decide to share the file it will work on HDD and 3xSIO alright :)

• Like 2

thank you guys for the remarks, it's very helpful .

for now I'm working on 2 things- adding a background elements that won't collide with the sprites nor the rope, and adding the deadly fire on the floor just like in Montezuma.

@CharlieChaplin: the filesystem of the game is a normal binary file with MEMLO at $2000 so if Retronics will decide to share the file it will work on HDD and 3xSIO alright :)

Yes, of course. Was only making some fun, that a physical A8 game cartridge cannot run from harddisk nor from SIO...

• Like 1

Can the rope be made a bit thinner, I presume its a sprite and I'm not sore of sprite dimensions...I love the idea, reminds me and possibly based on a Snes game Umihara Kawase

In the game the rope has no actual hook point, it hooks where ever it touches.

If you don't know the game, its a physics treat with the way the rope is used, cute as a button platformer too..

Edited by Mclaneinc
  • Like 1

To me the rope seems to move too slow when you shoot it at the ceiling.

I'm not sure how many PMGs are going into the main character sprite, but if there are any left over they could be used to colorize the enemy sprites and platforms.

You could go Metroid-style with this game and offer powerups that allow the player to access new parts of the game map, and defeat certain enemies.

• Like 1

Looks like a good start on a Prince of Persia clone.

It took me a long time decision to answer, but just No.

The difference between this and Prince of Persia is like to compare the Flat Earth and the Globe ;)

Prince of Persia needs a lot more "3D" than you might think of.

This game is just 2D, while PoP uses masking for at least two layers. This is, what people don't understand. It's a difference to just put some bits on the screen , and to put the bits on the screen with fixed appearance and fixed occlusion.

I you put the game two times in two layers on the screen, it would be a good start for a PoP clone.

• 1 year later...