IGNORED

2 button joystick ?

R0ger

Boards turned up from OSHPark but a manufacturing problem meant they didn't silkscreen them. They have already emailed to apologise and say they are reprinting so I'll have 6 of these boards (3 without silks)! They look pretty good but I've not had time to test one yet.

• Like 2

Boards turned up from OSHPark but a manufacturing problem meant they didn't silkscreen them. They have already emailed to apologise and say they are reprinting so I'll have 6 of these boards (3 without silks)! They look pretty good but I've not had time to test one yet.

the plates are beautiful, I would mark with a white pencil to make tests jajaajajaj :-D

I am working on more adapted games, I hope to have some of those that propose here soon

regards

• Like 2

I asked, because, I used different resistors (4k7) to reduce the current flow and the games patched by ascrnet still work well.

I printed the paddle values in BASIC and what I get is:
3 - idle

228 - button pressed

post-29824-0-47204700-1551033766_thumb.jpg

Edited by TheMontezuma

By the way, I can recommend the following cable:

https://www.ebay.de/itm/Controller-Verlängerungskabel-für-Sega-Megadrive-Genesis-Amiga-Atari-Commodore/153252978262

All 9 wires are present, so you can easily build your own joystick with 3 fire buttons and still be able to connect it to the XE series.

Edited by TheMontezuma
  • Like 2

One thing has become clear, putting the dsub on the end was a mistake, the board sticks straight into any enclosure you may want to use almost certainly getting in the way.

UDLRF + SANWA + Flippers all work OK.

I need to write a tester to check everything else.

Note: You will only need the SANWA plug or the UDLR plugs, you wont need both.

Something like this https://ebay.us/G6JmHL will be pretty much plug and play for the stick and all the buttons.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

It appears to "almost" work perfectly. I'm having an issue with the paddles, when enabled they read 0 all the way to the end of their travel and then 1...2...128

I don't understand why, I think it's the 1M pots I'm using, more investigation is needed.

All the buttons, joystick (using sanwa and UDLR connectors), the driving controller and the switches all work perfectly

It's really cool to see the driving controller :)

• Like 3