IGNORED

TIPI enabled software listing

I believe I have noticed that interests shift from place to place among this community, according to a pattern that is not always highly predictable. Different things on the horizon and idiosyncrasies in the way hardware and software development are proceeding... lead to interests flooding from place to place rather haphazardly... your myti99.com efforts may yet be better proven out...

Ha!

I believe I have noticed that interests shift from place to place among this community, according to a pattern that is not always highly predictable. Different things on the horizon and idiosyncrasies in the way hardware and software development are proceeding... lead to interests flooding from place to place rather haphazardly... your myti99.com efforts may yet be better proven out...

Ha!

My issue goes far beyond the project attention-deficit-disorder and tendency to chase the latest shiny thing syndrome that most of us suffer from, but I do appreciate the reply.

Funny thing - I have been focusing on my home automation system since not doing much TI stuff lately. :)

Beery, I finally got around to adding your program to myti99.com. Sorry for the delay.

I continue to be out of the hobby for due to work and health, but I'll be glad to add things to myti99.com as requested by people, for as long as I am still able to run it.

I definitely had higher hopes for the site as I felt I could actually contribute something useful to the TI community, but this isn't proving to be the case. Aside from you, no one has expressed any interest in having their stuff linked there, or taken me up on having any tipi-support applications hosted, or making use of the high-score syncing system I made there.

Thanks for getting the files up there. Right now, it is the only TIPI tool I am aware where someone can browse a BBS and download files directly to a TIPI directory.

What I am seeing though is that the majority of the TI userbase is not making use of terminal emulators based upon the browsing of various BBS's I have done. Heatwave has the majority of the BBS traffic. Most users I believe are using web browsers as required on Atariage and doing the drag and drop thing to move things to the TIPI when needed (as do I). Still though, I know my BBS has over 10,000 files so if someone does have a TI/32K/TIPI, they can still access my BBS through the TIPI version of Mass Transfer and obtain files and have some fun.

I am in a bit of a waiting phase right now. I'm hoping Matt can solve the TIPI - Geneve issue so I can do some things on that front. That specific effort is on hold. Now, with the 99/5C, I am waiting on the next release of the board that should allow me to interface the TIPI to the 99/5C giving me 9938 capability along with Telnet capability so maybe I can do some things with it and the SAMS features.

Beery

• Like 2

The archived image does. As I recall, the autodialer file has three or four BBS's in it. What I have not tested is how the autodialer file loads from a URL now that you mention it. Actually, not 100% sure if anyone even added the autodialer file to the URL site. They may have added just the program image files.

Of course as a new user, after you load Mass Transfer the first time, you can connect to a BBS and download the complete archive along with a copy of Archiver, and extract the whole setup of files on your local system if you did not want to run them remotely. Or, just edit the PHONE1 file locally.and store it on a TIPI drive.

Beery

• Like 1

There are a bunch more TIPI's in people's hands as of December.. Takes time for people to get their feet wet. Most of the dev types wanted PEB models..which were scarce until recently.

Greg

Thanks Greg, today I got it installed and it works great so far!

(I still need to learn what the TIMAPS means and the 4ADOS loader how to get it to work).

• Like 1

I checked it out, it works, but would it be possible to have it load another program after the space bar is pressed? Not everyone is running an auto-booting cartridge, so that might be easier for them.

I have updated it so that if you press and briefly hold down any key it will exit the program.

TIPICLOCK.zip

• Like 3

Rock Paper Scissors - by ElectricLab

This is a functional demonstration of using the myti99.com variables to connect TI's together for game play in basic. Written in TI Basic (but runs fine in XB) this program allows two people to play Rock Paper Scissors from their TI's connected to the internet with TIPI

to load:

OLD PI.http://myti99.com/RPS

not sure if it is case sensitive, but to find out how to login once the program has started

* first on the website myti99.com your require to have a userid and password already (not too sure if it is case sensitive)

Using FinalGrom and TI Extended Basic (V110)

in the program

* remote_host: myti99.com

* remote_port: 80

* my_screenname: your user id

* password: your password

When joining or creating a game

I get errors I/O error 321 in 1336

Edited by globeron

TIPIMAP - by Gregory McGill (me)

TIPIMAP was written because I found it cumbersome to CALL TIPI and then try and remember the path to a folder like TIPI.GAMES.XB.ADVENTURE.WEREWOLF

Instead you are shown a list of directories on the TIPI and you can arrow up/down/forward/back and select the directory you want to be DSK1 and then press 1 to map the directory to the DSK1. configuration in TIPI.

Also 2 maps DSK2 and 3 maps DSK3

TIPIMAP is written in Extended Basic and can be loaded with

OLD PI.http://ftp.whtech.com/Users/Gregory%20McGill/TIPIMAP
There was another /TIPIMAP missing to be able to load it. It also seems it is case-sensitive typing the URL. Furthermore good tool. 3555722504fe5a1efd41b06c29c80d86.jpg

Sent from my VIE-L29 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

TIPI mouse driver for TI-Artist Plus - by Jedimatt42

This allows you to use a usb mouse on your TIPI connected Raspberry PI with TI-artist plus. Details and required files are in the included readme.

http://ti994a.cwfk.net/downloads/tipi-ti-artist-plus-mouse.zip

That's very cool, I got the mouse to work in TI-Artist working also. (using TI-Artist, not TI-Artist plus)

like jonecool is showing in his videos: http://wagnerstechtalk.com/retro-computing/

• Like 1

Did you get this working? I can take a look at the backend to see if there's anything with your account that could be the culprit.

I compressed the video. But you can see the time delay connecting to myti99. The config system says I am authenticated. But it times out. I am based in the Netherlands and have 139ms pings from my laptop (did not test the pings from the PI). Next weekend I have more time to troubleshoot.VID_20190120_181547_428x240.mp4

Sent from my VIE-L29 using Tapatalk