Mar 08, 2019 - 03:53 PM EST / 2019.03.08 2053 UTC

Wind: from the SSW (200 degrees) at 9 MPH (8 KT):0

Visibility: 10 mile(s):0

Sky conditions: overcast

Precipitation last hour: A trace

Temperature: 41.0 F (5.0 C)

Dew Point: 35.1 F (1.7 C)

Relative Humidity: 79%

Pressure (altimeter): 30 in. Hg (1015 hPa)

Pressure tendency: 0.01 inches (0.5 hPa) lower than three hours ago

ob: KPDX 082053Z 20008KT 10SM OVC016 05/02 A3000 RMK AO2 RAE50 SLP159 P0000 60000 T00500017 58005

cycle: 21

I get what you see below, but YES, using the F18A's 80 column capability for display would be AWESOME!

post-35324-0-75983000-1552082407_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Is there a way to access the games at www.myti99.com not via real TI + TIPI (or via Stuart's Browser and one of the two options?)

Reason: I am halfway a chess game with GcMcGill and Jwild, but hardly behind my TI and next weeks travelling overseas.

Would be nice if the TIPI is emulated and can be access e.g. via JS99er.net, Classic99 or via a simple webuserinterface at www.myti99.com

(at least to continue the Chess game)

Is there a way to access the games at www.myti99.com not via real TI + TIPI (or via Stuart's Browser and one of the two options?)

Reason: I am halfway a chess game with GcMcGill and Jwild, but hardly behind my TI and next weeks travelling overseas.

Would be nice if the TIPI is emulated and can be access e.g. via JS99er.net, Classic99 or via a simple webuserinterface at www.myti99.com

(at least to continue the Chess game)

Nope

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...

With adamantyr's permission, I have converted the assembly language version of TI-TREK to a .BIN format for FG99 use. It can be downloaded from HERE

The second link is not working

404 Not Found
  • Code: NoSuchKey
  • Key: misc/titrek.zip
  • RequestId: 7471C0A58BC853DB
  • HostId: ai/vkS4aEhhGAKBLFCJ6CE8f9MF45lMYYilfla8A12GFH5aeFJ64K1daNE70xJivem7VH0W8P8s=

<p>

The second link is not working

404 Not Found

• Code: NoSuchKey
  • Key: misc/titrek.zip
  • RequestId: 7471C0A58BC853DB
  • HostId: ai/vkS4aEhhGAKBLFCJ6CE8f9MF45lMYYilfla8A12GFH5aeFJ64K1daNE70xJivem7VH0W8P8s=

Hmmm I'll look into that tonight. I know I put the file there!

EDIT: Fixed, I had the wrong filename. Plus Amazon S3 is case-sensitive. :)

• Like 1

A new TIPI enabled software under development: Force Command ( a command line shell + ftp client )

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/290966-force-command-kinda-like-commandcom-from-1985/?p=4271216

----

It doesn't require TIPI... but cross posting as it does support TIPI specific features.

It does require either a FinalGROM99 or UberGROM.

-M@

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have a silly question--

It is possible to get the pi to do software midi synth (fluidsynth and pals), and you can get stereo output off of one. IIRC, the audio leads are exposed on the TI's sidecar connector, so it should be possible to slave the connected pi as a music generation device, controlled by sending midi messages over the connection used to do telnet.

obligatory info on how to drive audio out off gpio pins

Has anyone done that?

Edited by wierd_w
(circuitry fun)

On 10/5/2019 at 6:44 AM, wierd_w said:

I have a silly question--

It is possible to get the pi to do software midi synth (fluidsynth and pals), and you can get stereo output off of one. IIRC, the audio leads are exposed on the TI's sidecar connector, so it should be possible to slave the connected pi as a music generation device, controlled by sending midi messages over the connection used to do telnet.

obligatory info on how to drive audio out off gpio pins

Has anyone done that?

The idea came up a couple times in early days... it is not hard to add extra extensions to the messaging system. I have fluidsynth and a roland mt-32 emulator on a separate PI 3 that I use with my Amiga, mostly for the experience of playing some of the old Sierra games that supported it.   

I don't know music well enough to drive MIDI through the TIPI interface, or propose a solution... quickly googling, there is https://github.com/nwhitehead/pyfluidsynth  --  I could probably encode access via that library so you can control the fluidsynth from a TI-99.  Someone with a real goal should propose a bytecode programming interface...  And then I could teach you how to realize that through TIPI RawExtensions. 

MIDI might be a good bytecode programming interface, but I don't know, it's complicated. 

I personally have been noodling with a YM2413 chip... 

• Like 1