IGNORED

TI Artist on TIPI

jonecool

I have a few basic questions on how to use TI-Artist with TIPI:

1) Where do I get an image that can support TIPI Mouse (is it a .bin file for FG99 or something else? -uri, etc.)

2) Is there some extra step needed to load the driver to support a Mouse attached to the RPi?

I purchased a copy of TI-Artist many years ago, or at least I'm 90% sure I did. I'd like to try it out with a mouse, I'm googling/forum searching it but not finding much about TIP+TI Artist+Mouse.

Edited by jonecool
  • Like 1

Dang good questions! I'll be watching this thread to see the answer(s) and replies.

It was mentioned at Fest West this year and is something I'd like to play with too. Last I heard, there were mouse sensitivity/speed issues to deal with. IIRC they said it worked better in ZOOM MODE than in regular mode. However the guys doing it have full lives as well as MANY other projects in the works, so I'll just sit back, be patient and watch.

If I were to guess, a program to set levels for individual mice might be something that is considered at some point.

On a related topic, while it's been mentioned before, I'm still waiting to see ALL the TI-Artist support packages uploaded as well.

You need TI Artist Plus, and the TIPI mouse driver -> https://github.com/jedimatt42/tipi/wiki/Extension-Mouse

The mouse driver download has a README file that describes where to get TI Artist Plus, and how to setup for use with TIPI. The TI Artist Plus manual is a must read for this, also pointed to in the driver README.

-M@

• Like 2

Thank you M@, got it working with these instructions! The mouse support works pretty good too!

You need TI Artist Plus, and the TIPI mouse driver -> https://github.com/jedimatt42/tipi/wiki/Extension-Mouse

The mouse driver download has a README file that describes where to get TI Artist Plus, and how to setup for use with TIPI. The TI Artist Plus manual is a must read for this, also pointed to in the driver README.

-M@

• Like 2