IGNORED

2 Custom Made Intellivision Games For Sale! Space Patrol & Donkey Kong

DATARI

2 Custom made Rare Intellivision games for sale titled; "Space Patrol" (which is a Moon Patrol style clone), and "Donkey Kong" (which is DK arcade styled). See them here-

https://www.ebay.com/itm/323267409649?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

The games are currently $350 each. Thanks for looking!

If you are interested in Buying Them Now and not waiting please let me know for how much more you offer would be. Thanks!

Edited by DATARI

The extra overlays and labels are a cool bonus and the condition is nice, but they're priced pretty high. There a Space Patrol on eBay for $300 and it's not selling. DK Arcade might fetch $80-120 at auction.

Disclaimer: Just my opinion. I'm by no means an authority on pricing. I wish you the best of luck on the sales.

2 Custom made Rare Intellivision games for sale titled; "Space Patrol" (which is a Moon Patrol style clone), and "Donkey Kong" (which is DK arcade styled). See them here-

https://www.ebay.com/itm/323267409649?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

The games are currently $350 each. Thanks for looking!

If you are interested in Buying Them Now and not waiting please let me know for how much more you offer would be. Thanks!

Custom made by you? Did you get permission to make these? I don't really know the history here, but dumping other people's work onto carts and selling it is usually frowned upon - especially in the forum where the creators of these games hang out.

Custom made by you? Did you get permission to make these? I don't really know the history here, but dumping other people's work onto carts and selling it is usually frowned upon - especially in the forum where the creators of these games hang out.

Its not like that doesnt happen around here. Lol

Lets ask some of those creators if they asked for permission on everything they have released.

Whats good for some to do , its frowned on others.

Not Jumping on you

Wongojack

Just stated a fact. That this behaviour happens all the time around here.

Cheers.

Edited by m-crew
  • Like 1

from my personal standpoint, as a mere customer and user, I'm very grateful to those who programmed and released, just to make an example, a nice version of Donkey Kong either with or without permission.

Nintendo didn't, doesn't and will never care of a business of 200-250 carts compatible with a system "considered" dead more than 20 years ago. I do, like many around here.

just to be clear, "considered" doesn't mean it is

• Like 1

This Donkey Kong as a computer program is an original work with minor infringements. It did have the author's permission to be copied on these cartridges. What the guys are talking about is putting someone's game program on cartridges without the owner's permission, aka piracy, which is a more serious offense.

I think here "custom made" = "home-brew" or "new brew" or whatever the terminology du jour is.

The extra labels are nice - and naturally we'd be curious about that.

Most interesting is the alternative set of overlays for Space Patrol. I do seem to recall there being two "variations" of Space Patrol, some with Mattel shells, some with the LTO shells. Also seem to recall hearing about "new process" overlays, but never investigated in detail to see if that was "made using a different process" or "made using a different process, and also happening to have different artwork". The "working copy" of Space Patrol I use has a Mattel shell, though I may have a second copy that I haven't opened yet that has the LTO shell...

Surely cmart can crack open one of the cases of his copies to check that for us.

• Like 1

This Donkey Kong as a computer program is an original work with minor infringements. It did have the author's permission to be copied on these cartridges. What the guys are talking about is putting someone's game program on cartridges without the owner's permission, aka piracy, which is a more serious offense.

Yeah, Nintendo and Sega weren't who I was thinking about. More worried about the homebrew developers' permission here.

Anyway . . .

I was actually replying to this specific statement in m-crew's post: "(...) Lets ask some of those creators if they asked for permission on everything they have released. (...)"
  • Like 1

I was actually replying to this specific statement in m-crew's post: "(...) Lets ask some of those creators if they asked for permission on everything they have released. (...)"

I was referring to the whole body of release's, not the specific release of these games posted in this thread.... Anywhere from game Code's, boxes, logos ext. that we use and release here.. So does it really matter if someone copies things that are released here and now a days. Really it happing as we speak now.(I know it should matter but hey what's good for the goose is good for the ganders ;) )

I know some are and have authorization to produce from the authors or companies copyright owners... But that was not the point I was trying to get across..

Edited by m-crew

from my personal standpoint, as a mere customer and user, I'm very grateful to those who programmed and released, just to make an example, a nice version of Donkey Kong either with or without permission.

Nintendo didn't, doesn't and will never care of a business of 200-250 carts compatible with a system "considered" dead more than 20 years ago. I do, like many around here.

just to be clear, "considered" doesn't mean it is

Trust me Nintendo cares about somebody even considering using their ip no matter how old or what it is.