IGNORED

stupus coleco collection

stupus

Approaching my 35th year collecting colecovision I decided it's about time I shared my collection for my favorite console!

Hopefully I can add more specific item pics in the future too.

Back last thanksgiving I built custom shelves to display my nearly complete pre Nintendo USA based console game collection.

It holds over 1200 boxed games. This is the colecovision section holding my complete cib collection of the original 140 released games, plus a few variants.

post-26050-0-89246500-1527200268_thumb.jpg

And this last week I built some more generic shelves to hold my coleco hardware. I call it the wall of coleco.

just about everything fit on except my telstar arcade that was slightly too tall which is now just to the left of the main wall and a couple astrocades took it's planned spot. Also my Dina 2in1 is not up there yet. Maybe something else too.....can't think what else there is??

I know I need 3 more telstar systems to have all 14 of those. The cib colecovision system is the one I got for christmas in the early 80s! :)

post-26050-0-56656200-1527200515_thumb.jpg

Well hope you enjoy! :)

• Like 12

Love it! Very impressed but also very interested in what appears to be a showcase with a Ralph Baer tribute just to the right of your Coleco shelves. How bout a pic of some Odyssey love?

Thanks Bill!

That is actually the last brown box Ralph Baer made, I built a display case for it and display it at the Midwest gaming classic.

I also have nearly every odyssey item, that's another collection thread I need to make as soon as I have some time ;)

In the meantime here is a pick of it at mgc and a pic of some of my other displays there:

post-26050-0-59572100-1527205205_thumb.jpg

post-26050-0-80466200-1527205336_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Thanks for showing and having the perseverance to put that together it looks amazing

Thanks!

My son helped me make the big shelving unit over thanksgiving break. I used arcade t molding on it that blends in great to the game room. I know you love atari 2600, here is a pic that shows most of the full unit with most of my 2600 collection in the middle unit.

post-26050-0-12259900-1527206160_thumb.jpg

Edited by stupus
  • Like 2

When you get a chance take a better picture of the 2600 stuff it's a little blury. I have been working on my game room vertical space is nice.

I will do that. That was my old phone, new phone takes such better pictures.

Yeah vertical space is great, I have 9ft ceilings in here and it makes the room seem much bigger and it can be utilized for display well.

It looks like your custom shelves hold around 300 boxes wow

They actually can hold about 450 games each if you put games on the top too.

Each of the 3 units is 80 inches tall and 4 feet wide. They are 9 shelves each, 10 with the top and each shelf holds about 45 games.

Thanks for the pic of the brown box. So amazingly cool! Thanks for sharing. I love unique items like this.

No problem! I was very fortunate that it got into my hands. It and my near mint arcade atari pong are probably my 2 favorite items :)
  • Like 1

If I had a nickel......... :-D :P

Is that Meteoric Shower cart original or a repro, BTW? I've been playing a ton of that game on my DINA lately.

I know the feeling, budget is tight here too this year ;)

That is actually a real bit Corp meteoric shower cart. All my other bit titles are the telegames releases.

It was a great game to have built into the dina!

• Like 1

That is actually a real bit Corp meteoric shower cart. All my other bit titles are the telegames releases.

It was a great game to have built into the dina!

Nice! I noticed the Telegames carts in there, very cool. I like that they just ripped the "Wars" in Tank Wars from the Star Wars logo. :lol:

I love the Dina. Great little system IMO (assuming the video/audio/power/heating issues have been ironed out). I probably play Meteoric Shower as much as my favorite Coleco and SG-1000 carts. :)

Edited by BassGuitari
  • Like 1

Yeah the tank wars star wars rip off font is great.

I agree I really like the Dina, if they had the funds to have built everything just a little better quality it would have been a really great workhorse system to play all the coleco and sg1000 games on. It's funny that the instructions tell you to ignore the other cart slot....(The sg1000 slot) lol

Edited by stupus
  • Like 1

I agree I really like the Dina, if they had the funds to have built everything just a little better quality it would have been a really great workhorse system to play all the coleco and sg1000 games on. It's funny that the instructions tell you to ignore the other cart slot....(The sg1000 slot) lol

It's too bad Telegames didn't/couldn't source any SG-1000 software back in the day. That entire format could have effectively been Telegames-exclusive and would have doubled the appeal of the DINA/Personal Arcade*.

(*What's the deal with the naming of the thing, anyway? It's like Telegames first imported the things and rebadged them "Telegames USA Personal Arcade," then stopped bothering to rebadge them but kept the "Personal Arcade" branding on the box and in catalogs, then finally stuck with calling it the "DINA" on their website even though the box still said "Personal Arcade." And for all we know, even that hypothetical timeline probably isn't consistent! :P )

It's also surprising that Bit Corp. doesn't seem to have created any games (which Telegames could have later licensed) for the Sega like they did for the Coleco, since IIRC the country where the SG-1000 was most popular--outside of Japan--was Bit Corp.'s native Taiwan.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Wow! Do you have a boxed copy of Swordquest Waterworld? How much do those reproduction boxes cost to have made?

This seems like it was meant for my atari collection thread?

But yes I do have a cib waterworld I have ever atari brand release for the 2600 cib except for quadrun which I have but the box is a repro.

Repro boxes vary in cost, most were made in small batches by various people in the past and are not available to buy anymore.

Marc Oberhauser has a website where he sells some he does. I think they are about $15-20 a piece plus shipping.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

When you get a chance take a better picture of the 2600 stuff it's a little blury. I have been working on my game room vertical space is nice.

Here is a better picture of just the center unit which has over 95% of my 2600 original ntsc releases on it. A few others are displayed individually around the game room.

post-26050-0-20160700-1541883343_thumb.jpg

• Like 2