IGNORED

Is There Too Many YouTubers?

I think clickbait on YouTube is a issue, but one you cant do anything about, its YouTube thats the point...

It's getting worse and worse. I can't seem to go through my sub feed without at least 3 or 4 clickbaity video titles. I've started unsubbing from the worst offenders. I don't sub to a persons channel for the video equivalent of the National Enquirer.

• Like 4

It's getting worse and worse. I can't seem to go through my sub feed without at least 3 or 4 clickbaity video titles. I've started unsubbing from the worst offenders. I don't sub to a persons channel for the video equivalent of the National Enquirer.

These days, Linus Tech Tips makes me sad; they use a lot of clickbaity titles and pictures.

I don't know if yesterday's is considered "clickbaity", but it's scummy as heck. It turns out it's a sponsored 4.5 minute sponsored video about their sponsor's RGB products:

post-39941-0-05186900-1528449210.jpg

But no one will accuse them of putting out low-quality videos.

• Like 3

These days, Linus Tech Tips makes me sad; they use a lot of clickbaity titles and pictures.

I don't know if yesterday's is considered "clickbaity", but it's scummy as heck. It turns out it's a sponsored 4.5 minute sponsored video about their sponsor's RGB products:

attachicon.gifltt.JPG

Sure looks like clickbait to me... to a point I understand, getting people just to watch your stuff is such a struggle, but in the end it just devalues everything you do...

• Like 2

There's one youtuber that I used to like a lot, but have stopped watching most of his videos. He started out with an entertaining game hunting type channel, but it's lately become a "stand in my room and talk about the Switch" channel. meh...

There are quite a few who put out consistently good content, though. LGR, 8Bit Guy, TechMoan... I'll watch these guys every vid.

attachicon.gifltt.JPG

I will. They make garbage videos.

You could always pick an obscure machine with few users. Your target audience would be small, but you would not have a lot of competition!

It was that way with the Tandy Coco when I started making videos and one of the reasons I started to focus on the coco. There were only a couple of other channels even touching on the coco a little bit. That's changed of course and although the coco doesn't have a huge audience on youtube there are more people talking about it and making videos.

I watch many games related yt channel but I've dropped a few. I've dropped those that only present their latest buy or found game like Adam Koralick (sp?) And those who only bitch about the games (avgn). I prefer those youtuber who talk about the history or does research on games like Guru Larry and Kimjustice.

I used to love gamesack but the bearded one is getting on my nerve lately. Pat is a special case for me. I love most of their subject but they need to work on their "presentation". If they could just stop putting their hand or finger over their mouth when they talk i'd give them a better score.